Ashkit

I went to the DZ and tried my first 4 way!

Hey I tried a four way with my instructor and two other experienced jumpers, only my instructor and I were able to hook up but the others were close when we turned and tracked away. Then the storms rolled in so we all left, I'll go back tomorow and try again,
It was fun! Thanks to all who supported me with this!
I'm excited for the scrambles on Sunday now... So now I have 31 jumps!
Whether you think you can or can't
either way you're right!

Hey I tried a four way with my instructor and two other experienced jumpers, only my instructor and I were able to hook up but the others were close when we turned and tracked away. Then the storms rolled in so we all left, I'll go back tomorow and try again,
It was fun! Thanks to all who supported me with this!
I'm excited for the scrambles on Sunday now... So now I have 31 jumps!

Kewl. Fun eh? Question: what did you learn from it? What did you learn about your flying, you slot in the formation, etc? If you adopt that attitude you'll go a LOOOOONG ways.

Oh and 'beer'?!! ;)

i did my first two 4-ways this past weekend. all i can say is WOWWWWW (that even deserves capital letters) !!!

guess i can't go back to just holding hands anymore :D

i was the least experienced jumper and we didn't achieve all our goals in either jump, but i sure learned a lot - linked exits, matching fall rates, staying tight in the formation, don't cover your buddy's altimeter when you grab him/her, etc. etc. i can't wait to try some more.

Thanks! I'm going to go again today, that is if
the weather holds up, its supposed to be clear by then but it all depends on the winds! North is bad at our DZ. Anyway, thanks for your encouragement!
:)

either way you're right!

Great!
I am glad you posted! Glad to hear someone else with my experience is trying this! We would have gone again but storms came into the area that stopped everything.. Yea, I feel the same way, like I learned a lot, I learned I didn't have my legs bent enough while joined and your post told me that I need to watch where I hold onto the other person not to cover their alt..
thanks, knowlege is not evil!
either way you're right!

Yes it was Kewl!
And very very fun... I love the people at our DZ, they are ALL so freakin nice! Like a family! As I said in a different post, I learned not to extend my legs in formation and feel more comfortable with the exit procedure now that I know it and tried it. I enjoy jumping so much more when I am not being quized and graded and watched, not that there was any pressure from anyone but myself but this breather is refreshing! thanks! ;)

either way you're right!

Really, is that an unwritten rule?
How many other unwritten rules don't I know about?
hehehe
clue me in...:)

I hear that you might get an.... how do we say it... altitude advantage if you show a little something to your pilot on the ride up. Try it and let us know how it works.. :P;):D

Your statement about it being a family... yep, it is. Now think of all the funny little things that you do with your family that you would never dream of doing outside of them. Yep, that's what we have in skydiving too... fun eh? :)
You should come south the first weekend in Nov for the Halloween boogie!! You can do some 4 way and larger, make a first heli jump, if we are lucky maybe a ballon will make it this year... lots of fun. People come from all over the place for it.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2926431;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Ummm They are WRITTEN Rules :)

BEER RULES

An unwritten law, one as immutable and irrefutable as gravity and backed by history, states that skydivers enjoy the drinking of beer almost as much as flight itself.

A manifestation of this fact is the tradition of the buying by an individual skydiver a case of beer (that being twenty-four cans or bottles holding twelve or more ounces of beer, ale, or some similar such substance) for his or her fellow jumpers to celebrate the accomplishment of a particular feat or milestone in one's jump career.

It is generally recognized that the buying and drinking of such beer enhances that common bond shared by skydivers and contributes greatly to the body of knowledge concerning parachuting and its related activities.

It is a sad fact that some skydivers are ignorant of what constitutes a significant achievement (usually and henceforth referred to as a "first"). Equally sad is the fact that some unscrupulously thirsty jumpers will shamelessly try to "weasel" a case of beer out of a jumper for an inauspicious event.

Recognizing this, the following happenings are to be regarded as suitable occasions for buying beer. This list is not to be construed as exhaustive.

First jump (It is not required of students. They are simply encouraged to participate).

If more than one first is accomplished on a single jump, only one case of beer is required.

Participation is voluntary. If a skydiver chooses not to participate by buying, neither shall the skydiver enjoy the fruits of the accomplishments of others.

Non-drinkers may buy sodas and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those non-drinkers.

It is generally recognized that using a reserve parachute for the purpose of saving one's worthless, non-packing self from a gory death requires him to buy the saving rigger dinner or the bottle of liquor of his choice.

These articles are ironclad and binding. For the price of an additional six-pack, a sniveling skydiver may enlist the services of an S & TA to represent him or her in a hearing where the committee will rule against that skydiver a second time.

Completing the student course of instruction
First four way
First eight way
First CRW
First time in the peas
First night jump
First kiss pass
First competition
First water jump
First naked jump
First jump on your own pack job
First dead center (measured by a judge or electronic scoring pad on a three or five cm disc)
First jump on a new main or new rig (purchased, not borrowed)
Any license, award, rating, or badge
Getting your name or photo in "Parachutist", "Skydiving", or other "Extreme Sport Type" magazine.
Gross safety violations not resulting in serious injury or death
Any jump ending in "00"
First cutaway/reserve ride
First jump from an aircraft not normally used at home drop zone
First jump at a new drop zone
First demo jump
First save (you riggers thought you were getting off easy)
Vomiting in the airplane or on another skydiver
First round canopy jump (Geez, used to be the other way around)
First broken bone
First camera jump

copied from
http://webpages.charter.net/iskydive/beerrules/beerrules.htm

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I guess everyone knows this unwritten rule but me.
well, now I know...

LOL

if someone ever asks me something like... is that your 1st time here? 1st jump like this?...1st blablabla... I usually say.. no... I've been here before... but a long time ago ;)
no...2nd or 3rd time..

even in regular conversations with my BF I try not to say the word 1st.......he asks me for beer everytime I miss it.:D
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Our DZ has it framed. Copy and paste to a Word File and Print on some cool paper and frame it and take it to the DZ I am sure they will allow you to hang it :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I'm not sure, We were falling at a slower rate than they were and Darlene was on the strut and I went out first with them following, I did an unstable exit doing a sort of front loop then got stable, but even with that they sunk below us and were gone in no time. I went up with 3 other jumpers yesteday and we got the 4 way and did 2 points so that was awesome, I was on top of the world after that! Guess I'm easy to please!:)

either way you're right!

Wow, I'm glad you wrote all that, its' a mouthful!

:P

LOL anytime you see me post more then a couple words that arn't missspelled you can be sure I copied and pasted it;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT