paulagc

Looking for Dick Higley

Hey,

Does anyone out there have contact information for Dick Higley? If you've been around skydivng for awhile, you may know him.

Dick has come to visit family in Indiana several summers and has flown for us and jumped with us when he could.

I'm trying to get in contact with him, but due to the "benefits" of electronic storage, have lost my phonebook.

thanks.

Paula Coody
Indiana Skydiving Academy
Goshen, Indiana
574-642-3156

You might try Jamie at Sky Dive Wayne County at Richmond IN. He was there last fall for the ashes drop jump . She could probably look up the registration file for his current address. I thought he was living around K-Zoo or Battle Creek MI. If that doesnt work let me know and we can try other ways. John T would know for sure.

Oh, wow! There was a shot of deja vu! I think Dick had about 200 jumps when I started jumping at the same DZ (Dunlap IN) in the 70's. Last time I saw him was in the mid-'80s'.

Edited to add: I just noticed you are in Goshen. I lived there until 1986.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Dunlap, that's it! I was trying to think of it today. Also just remembered whose name I was trying to remember. It is Ray Scheetz. Do you remember him. He had about for rigs with paracommanders in them. Always jumped them and packed at home. He was in some kind of special forces thing. Used to dissappear for a while at a time. I think he was killed landing a Cessna and hit the wires. I saw him clip them a couple of time at Dunlap. That was near Elkhart, In wasn't it?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

I remember Ray well. Really fascinating guy who was always the life of the party, and was always the one NOT drinking. Always had that hot babe who looked like a supermodel on his arm.

Only guy I ever saw jump with a cast all the way up to the elbow.

I was watching when his canopy collapsed and dropped him vertically about 75 feet into the peas. He had more broken bones than I can remember. Rumor was the ambulance crew discovered he was packing. The next surprise was when his wife and kids showed up at the hospital and his hot babe had to lay low until he was out of the hospital. We didn't even know he was married.

It was a year later he was on a night flight as an instructor when they had an engine failure and clipped utility lines trying to make a forced landing. IIRC, the crash was in Mishawaka.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

What was really funny was he worked with my father in law in Sturgis for awhile. My in laws knew he had a family but didn't know his other life. I didn't know him until after that. Didn't know him real well but well enough to know he was a character.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.