veri

Music - what reminds you of jumping?

Every drive to the DZ (at least when I'm going up to jump), I listen to Rammstein's Feuer Frei and Ich Will - I hear Feuer Frei in lots of videos (since it was popular from xXx), but not Ich Will. The power industrial metal just gets me goin.

But anything with a good break in it (i.e.Linkin Park - What I've Done) makes me think of the quiet ride to alt., then the beautiful insanity of the exit... ...but then again, who am I kidding? EVERY song makes me think of skydiving... ...what else is there to think about??
"We'll start the ass kissing with you"

First jump AFF, I have this radio thing I have to wear so that the instructors can talk me down. I never found out if it was the radio picking up local radio or the instructors having a joke but my first (actually not my FIRST since I had done part of a RAPS course a few years earlier) time under canopy was spent listening to Billy Idol, Rebel Yell. Surreal.B|

Nude Disintegrating
Parachutist Woman

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HER. She fell from the plane into the summer afternoon like a quadruple-winged victory wearing nothing but a wicked smile and a parachute with its harness straps chafing her thighs and cutting into her shoulders and as she fell to Earth the wind whistled through her outspread fingers and she began very elegantly to fall to pieces with her body parts streaking out in colour-coded vapour trails among the layered clouds and puffs of smoke accompanying her diverging limbs until finally her detached head hurtled upwards and then sideways all the while spinning wildly in eccentric arcs leaving her navel and a lonely wisp of pubic hair like an inverse exclamation mark to punctuate the sunny afternoon sky. Yes, she was a nude disintegrating parachutist woman and she came down in pieces all over me.