NREMT

sprain /fracture?

Heat has little therapeutic value in an orthopedic injury. It does feel damn good, though. Still, I say forget the heat. Ice it, take your anti-inflammatories regularly, wrap it and elevate it.

How high would you elevate it; about twelve-five I'm thinkin', and land on the other foot...

for fracture or sprain use Ice. Use heat when you have for instance stiff muscle because heat will make the tissues expand.

I broke my tibia twice on bad landings.. Ice and oxycodone would be two things you will greatly appreciate!
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

How high would you elevate it

Yeah I'm thinking about 12.5K would be perfect! I still land with my right foot slightly lower than my left, a habit I acquired when I sprained my left ankle (fishing accident.)

Really be careful with the heat though. It will help you stretch it out better, but remember you just overstretched it anyways when you sprained it. the good feeling from the heat lulls you into complacency thinking the joint is healing when really it's a slow process. Plus the risk of burn injury from prolonged heat (seen it) and the fact that heat draws inflammation back into the injured tissues.