oamador

Double malfunction

In lines of spectacular, survival stories with double mals....here's one from skydiving movies.com

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1945

What's the story here... what happened with his reserve? Appears to be a baglock but I didn't realize that could happen with a reserve. I mean, sure, anything is possible... but I'm not sure how that could happen...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

In lines of spectacular, survival stories with double mals....here's one from skydiving movies.com

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1945

What's the story here... what happened with his reserve? Appears to be a baglock but I didn't realize that could happen with a reserve. I mean, sure, anything is possible... but I'm not sure how that could happen...

From the description on Skydivingmovies.com:

Double malfunction incident in Germany in summer 2004: The jumper deploys his main but has a mal because of a line snagging at the container.

The jumper cuts away and pulls his reserve - the reserve freebag gets entangled with the main chute that didnt releases completely. After a few seconds he is able to pull the reserve (113 sqft.) out of the freebag just with his hands!!

Due to the main canopy the reserve doesnt inflate completely. He lands hard but survives with minor injuries!! He is ok and still jumping!

There was a thread on here about it a few weeks ago.