Tuna-Salad

Helmet Cleaning

Hello. I have the skysystems oxygn helmet and well.. I jump @ zhills florida and sweat alot so am wondering what people use to clean their helmets.. This is fairly new and I dont want to think about how bad it can/will be in a year if not cleaned. - I wanted to put this in gear and rigging but noticed it was mostly about containers and conopies..
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

The lining is not removable.. glued inside like a motorcycle helmet.

The little circle in the middle of the lining is removable (at least it is on mine - I jumped with the guy who assembled my helmet once, and he pulled it out to show me the stuff that was written underneath) - I know it's not much, but better than nothing.

How about spend $45 on a Protec... you can just hose that thing down, let it dry, and keep on trucking :)

That will never work...The ProTec is simply not 'cool' enough. :P
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

How about spend $45 on a Protec... you can just hose that thing down, let it dry, and keep on trucking :)

That will never work...The ProTec is simply not 'cool' enough. :P

You're right, I keep forgetting that functionality is secondary to looking good :P

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

If I was in your position....I would use a mild detergent such as woolite....make a soap water solution...apply to the area to be cleaned with a soft bristle brush...suck out the solution with a wet/shop vac and repeat a few times...then aid the drying process with a fan.....

but thats just me.......(I am not a helmet cleaning expert) :)

I also jump a Oxygn at Zhills. I understand what you mean about sweat soaking into the liner.

I was also told to take off the face shield and put it in the dishwasher. However, you have to do that right or you will never get the darned thing back on.

Personally, I open the face shield and put a little shampoo in the helmet. Then, I get in the shower and put the nozzle in there and suds it up. I don't scrub a lot.

Then, I stand there and rinse it well. I try not to rinse the face shield too much.

That seems to take the stink out.
:)
edited to add: Remember to remove the audible.