NYKid

loss of ratings

are you referring to the guy that made an illegal jump without a parachute (later strapping himself into another skydiver)? I read that in this month's parachutist, not sure if it's the same guy.
---
"It takes courage to walk through the rain on a cold and foggy night, but it is those nights that dawn the most beautiful mornings."

are you referring to the guy that made an illegal jump without a parachute (later strapping himself into another skydiver)? I read that in this month's parachutist, not sure if it's the same guy.

This wouldn't be what happened when the dude strapped into a separate rig midair, would it? (not jumped into a tandem rig)

there is some talk about it here but no real info!!!!

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3055407;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

In the interest of an open USPA, let me tell you of an experience that I had this year.

I received complaints from several USPA members in the Mid-Atlantic Region that they had paid for, taken and passed a USPA AFF course in Arizona, but never received their ratings. I immediately tried to contact the course director, but was unable to get a return call or email. I then asked several who were in the area to check his home and the DZ. We were unable to make contact even though at least two people went to his home.

So, we had about a dozen members in my region who had passed the course, but no paperwork or money could be located. We finally were able to get the evaluators and proctors to put enough together to satisfy USPA requirements, but headquarters wanted the fees. It was my position that the members had paid their fees to a USPA representative and that they should not be asked to pay again.

I followed up enough to know that those who passed and paid, received their ratings. I cannot say whether or not USPA was ever paid for that course.

It was a real pain for a lot of people.

Blue Skies,

Ed Dixon

In the interest of an open USPA, let me tell you of an experience that I had this year.

I received complaints from several USPA members in the Mid-Atlantic Region that they had paid for, taken and passed a USPA AFF course in Arizona, but never received their ratings. I immediately tried to contact the course director, but was unable to get a return call or email. I then asked several who were in the area to check his home and the DZ. We were unable to make contact even though at least two people went to his home.

So, we had about a dozen members in my region who had passed the course, but no paperwork or money could be located. We finally were able to get the evaluators and proctors to put enough together to satisfy USPA requirements, but headquarters wanted the fees. It was my position that the members had paid their fees to a USPA representative and that they should not be asked to pay again.

I followed up enough to know that those who passed and paid, received their ratings. I cannot say whether or not USPA was ever paid for that course.

It was a real pain for a lot of people.

Blue Skies,

Ed Dixon

and this is one reason why Ed should be re-elected, there are a ton of other reasons but this one should be enough, he is willing to commmunicate and stand up for what is right
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Ok! so we know his rating were pulled. We also know he gave some courses but didn't send money or paperwork to USPA. We still don't know if that's the reason why his ratings were pulled. For some reason I think there is more to is story then what is being said!!!!!!

Ok! so we know his rating were pulled. We also know he gave some courses but didn't send money or paperwork to USPA. We still don't know if that's the reason why his ratings were pulled. For some reason I think there is more to is story then what is being said!!!!!!

Okay, let me know what you learn when you find out. :S I told you what I know.

Ed

I am telling you I have not asked about anything beyond seeing that those who took the course were satisfied. I just haven't been interested beyond that. Everything is not a conspiracy.

Oh yeah, my last post on the subject.

Blue Skies,

Ed