Phillbo

B license requirements..

Well..here in holland you have to get for you B:

-50 freefall jumps
-30 minutes of freefall time
-10 instruction formation jump with an instructor
-10 landings within 5 meter of designated point
-5 canopy control jumps (including landing on rear risers etc).
-theoritical exam
-get experience in one skydivingdiscipline of your choosing
for instance RW: make 4 linkups (2 front, 2 back)
make linkup within 10 s
make 3 4-ways and make some points
make 1 8-way

100 is necessary only if you want the coach rating. Otherwise just 50 still.

But can anyone (preferably someone who can actually sign off) tell me what 3.E.2.c.(2) means?

"or successful completion of the planned formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps."

RW jumps I've done have a diveflow that is meant to go as long as we have altitude to continue. So what is successful? Leaving together and surviving? 2 points? What about the student coach jumps? Or a 10 way speed where we get 7 or 8? (fun!)

I guess I could do the double figure 8/backloop test instead, but I'd rather not spend an extra $40-60 to have someone come along to check that off.

100 is necessary only if you want the coach rating. Otherwise just 50 still.

I'll admit that when I read this I thought 'you're full of shit, they just changed that'. But I went and read the requirements again, and you're absolutely correct. 50 for a B, then when you get 100 with a B you can get the Coach rating.
Look at that, it's not yet 9:00 am, and I already learned something today.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

"or successful completion of the planned formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps."

I read it as

-I plan a 4 way jump (w/3 others) the plan includes 3 points and we complete the points then I have met the requirement for one of the 10 formation jumps...

If we only complete 2 points then it doesn't count...

But I've heard it interpreted as you need to complete at least 10 skydives with 2 or more people...

I suppose it is up to the Instructor signing off the requirement as to his interpration of the statement...

Personally, I want to earn my licence so I'm of the opinion that it should be tough... and since I'm interested in RW it makes more sense to do the formation jumps then doing the manuvers...

I've done some of the required formation dives w/a coach and am working to complete the remainder on fun RW and 4-way competetion RW jumps...

Scott

From what I've seen... people just mark the landings in their log book... and when you get another licenced jumper to sign the book they're effectively your witness to the jump (action) being completed...

I suppose there is also an element of honesty involved.

Scott
---------------------------------------------------------
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

-I plan a 4 way jump (w/3 others) the plan includes 3 points and we complete the points then I have met the requirement for one of the 10 formation jumps...

Do you really only plan 3 points on a dive flow? What do you do if you're done early? Or do you plan those 3 points, aim to complete, and start repeating?

It's definitely a vague requirement, much more so than the 10m landings on the honor system.

At my skill level 4-way Randoms are (that is random draw from the competetion sets...) quite challenging and occasionally we have added in Block sets as well...

We typically model our dives after competition manual requirements.

and once we finish a page (aka the 3 points in the dive flow) we go back to the top and start over... wash rinse repeat until break off altitude.

Scott
---------------------------------------------------------
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I guess I could do the double figure 8/backloop test instead, but I'd rather not spend an extra $40-60 to have someone come along to check that off.

Why do you think you need someone to "come along"? I happened to have a video guy do this jump for me for free but my instructor never asked for anything other than a notation in my log book I did it. Just like the landing requirments orthe RW requirments a singed notation in your log book should be valid.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP