EXTremeWade

Strong pilot chute throws..

Hey you all...this one may seem stupid, but I cannot help but wonder. Lately I have tried some different levels of throwing power with my pilot chute, and have been getting some different openings too. When I tend to throw my PC out kind of weak, and half-assed, I usually get a longer, more smooth-like opening for some reason, but when I throw that muther out like I am burning through 2K, then I get an off heading, and fast opening each time. Is this just me removing all doubt that I am retarded>? [:/]

If your throwing that hard you are probebly in a bad body position leading to the bad openings. Throwing really soft could be putting the pc in your burble for a second slowing the opening down.Just throw it out in a normal move Goldilocks. Not too hard and not too soft but just right.;)

ATTACK LIFE ! IT'S GOING TO KILL YOU ANYWAY!!!!

but when I throw that muther out like I am burning through 2K, then I get an off heading, and fast opening each time. Is this just me removing all doubt that I am retarded>?

Yep, you're most probably dipping a shoulder like a 'tard.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

When I tend to throw my PC out kind of weak, and half-assed,

First thought...TROLL!
Second thought. What? Are you TRYING to create a pilot chute hesitation? If you are, then...

Is this just me removing all doubt that I am retarded>? [:/]

Yes. All doubt has been removed.

Third thought:
Jump numbers and A-license.
With those numbers and only an A-license tells me that you may not be really interested in skydiving knowledge. I say may because there are a number of quite knowledgable jumpers with only an A-license.

Your willingness to play with PC hesitation tells me you are not one of them.

Sorry but that's how I see it. You already got some pointers on what probably is causing the differences...things you should have known already, I'm sure.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Quote "First thought...TROLL!
Second thought. What? Are you TRYING to create a pilot chute hesitation? If you are, then..."

What’s up dad...

I am not trying to create anything, just trying to get an answer. I have 500 jumps. Haven’t created anything. It was not as weak as you assumed, so let’s get that straight. I had to use a more profound compare and contrast example.

Troll? To me, all that means is a BASE canopy model. Lets keep all the "Lord of the Rings" and Ass comments like that to the bonfire.

Quote "Third thought:
Jump numbers and A-license.
With those numbers and only an A-license tells me that you may not be really interested in skydiving knowledge. I say may because there are a number of quite knowledgable jumpers with only an A-license."

You license does not even exsit! Aere you even a real person with the information you provided fellow skydivers? 10,0000000000 yars old, C-9999999999999...yeah...real professional, pops.If you have a third thought about my interest in skydiving, ask me about it, don’t assume. That makes an ass out of you, only. Not me. I quote verbatim statements from SIMS all the time amongst my skydiving friends, so use your telekinesis form the troll family, and get at me later.

"Your willingness to play with PC hesitation tells me you are not one of them."

There is no willingness...just what I have experienced. Assuming, again. That’s all we are seeing here.

good reply, this is the reason I hardly check DZ.com anymore, people dare not ask questions without getting flamed or criticised.

If you don't have an direct answer for the question posed, why bother posting?? Get out more!!

Edit: not aimed at first 2 replies, good answers. Least I learned from those posts!

good reply, this is the reason I hardly check DZ.com anymore, people dare not ask questions without getting flamed or criticised.

If you don't have an direct answer for the question posed, why bother posting?? Get out more!!

Concur. The OP didn't say that he was experimenting with his throws. He said when he "tends" to throw it one way or another. The guy had a legitimate question in the middle of the week and didn't feel like waiting until the weekend to find an answer.

Concur. The OP didn't say that he was experimenting with his throws. He said when he "tends" to throw it one way or another. The guy had a legitimate question in the middle of the week and didn't feel like waiting until the weekend to find an answer.

Thanks you all. Please, for the love of my PC, and name on here, no more posts. I have my answer...shit..I just thought it would be a warm conversation...but it is indeed a sad thing, that coming to this forum, leaves you scared to check it a day later.

I already told that new kid, on " I am 16, and want to skydive" post to watch out for people pon here, and in the sport, as they will encounter some of the most ignorant people they have ever met...

Concur. The OP didn't say that he was experimenting with his throws. He said when he "tends" to throw it one way or another.

Re-read the OP.
"Lately I have tried some different levels of throwing power with my pilot chute, and have been getting some different openings too. When I tend to throw my PC out kind of weak, and half-assed,....."

Hey you all...this one may seem stupid,

Yes, it does. Trolls typically ask stupid questions simply ot get a rise out of people. Hence the first thought Troll.
You claim not to be trolling. Good for you. That's all that needed to be said.

Lately I have tried some different levels of throwing power with my pilot chute,

and combined with...

and have been getting some different openings too. When I tend to throw my PC out kind of weak, and half-assed,

Indicates that you may (note the italics?) be doing XYZ...

You claim not to be doing XYZ. Good for you. That's all that needed to be said.

I usually get a longer, more smooth-like opening for some reason, but when I throw that muther out like I am burning through 2K, then I get an off heading, and fast opening each time.

Well, geez..with your jump numbers one would expect that you would KNOW those things already....stable/good opening, unstable/not-so-good

Is this just me removing all doubt that I am retarded>? [:/]

And the original reply stands since you asked in the first place. If you ARE doing those things, should I lie to you and tell you you're on the right track...keep on doing it? Ain't agonna happen.

Wow! Ms Sensitive. Must be hitting close to home.

No offense intended to you originally. Sorry to see you jumping up and down like that. Tantrums can be debilitating.

If you can't take honest answers, maybe you should re-phrase your questions.

Least I learned from those posts!

I would also hope that you learned not to be experimenting with weak throws.

Think about it...weak throw PC hesitation, PC and bridal gets hung up on your backpack holding the reserve flaps down....or entangling with the reserve lines....maybe we shouldn't play around like that, eh?

I would hope that you learned (hopefully at FJC) that a good stable body position gives the canopy the best opportunity to open properly.

Keep the questions coming...not everybody is going to hold your hand and sugar-coat for you. Live with it. Live being the operative word.