MarkTL

Is it possible?

I don't advise doing this with 26 jumps :)

.....:| yeah...... wait til you have 94 jumps.:S[:/]

That video was scarey.... the chuteless jumper just LIES there,,,, relying on the Mr.Bill Guy, to dig the harness connecting points outta his shorts, and hook em up?????

whoa... :o[:/]:|

That was quite the ballsy stunt.....since the chuteless jumper has little to NO control ,on the safe connection OCCURING....Just what WAS the back-up plan????

Check out the video at roughly the 2 minute mark, when pastrana has just exited.... SOMEthing flies off him....
Not sure about having stuff getting loose,,,, on what I would think,, is a well thought out skydive...Plus .. the solo diver, nearly flies right back INTO the pilot chute toss...... YIKES....

Tandem Harness???? Tandem rig???

No No No... ( see previous thread, called Trick with tandem ) ....

I just don't get it...... that "plain Old Skydiving" is NOT Enough.......:([:/]

Push Push Push, and sure thing,,, you INCREASE the odds of finding out what truly IS...... the limit...

j t

What's with all the young, low time jumpers wanting to do retarded shit?[:/]

It goes hand in hand with the threads started by 16 yr olds wanting to jump.

Actually, nothing has changed at all --- the old gnarled, leathery Sky gods The ones that survived, that is) were young and reckless once too.

welll i may be OLD, Gnarled, a little bit Leathery,, but I'm Not now... nor have i vere been a skyGod,,,,,, and i certainly WAS young once......( see attachment :P;)B| )

But Dammit!!!!! .. I was never reckless....
Todays "Mountain Dew " generation seems to have lost the healthy respect for the sport,,, which we once cherished....:|[:/] kinda sad...:(

jimmytavino
USPA # 9452
A 3914
D 12122

I don't advise doing this with 26 jumps :)

.....:| yeah...... wait til you have 94 jumps.:S[:/]

That video was scarey.... the chuteless jumper just LIES there,,,, relying on the Mr.Bill Guy, to dig the harness connecting points outta his shorts, and hook em up?????

whoa... :o[:/]:|

That was quite the ballsy stunt.....since the chuteless jumper has little to NO control ,on the safe connection OCCURING....Just what WAS the back-up plan????

Check out the video at roughly the 2 minute mark, when pastrana has just exited.... SOMEthing flies off him....
Not sure about having stuff getting loose,,,, on what I would think,, is a well thought out skydive...Plus .. the solo diver, nearly flies right back INTO the pilot chute toss...... YIKES....

Tandem Harness???? Tandem rig???

No No No... ( see previous thread, called Trick with tandem ) ....

Push Push Push, and sure thing,,, you INCREASE the odds of finding out what truly IS...... the limit...

j t

Also: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=STTqHmU_HAQ

I don't get it though, you seem like you saw something unreal...

Yeah, he's pushing it, pushing the limit and damn he looks awesome and really brave, but it's nothing super duper unreal...

Also another one (older video): http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eQvBeKNQHLk&feature=related

I don't see a problem with doing these kind of things. They are awesome and they show great skill and courage, kudos to all the people who do this and live to tell the story.

I think you oldies should realize that people are not standing in one place and that "the good old days" won't be there forever, everything is moving, people are getting better at everything and doing new and new stuff...

As far as I read every generation gets smarter than the old one... Every generation evolves, gets better at everything, so yeah the new guys are better than what you were like 20-30 years and people will be better than us right now after 20-30 years, it's all natural...
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

If you wore a jump suit with THAT much material in.... you sir, were certainly reckless:P

Not reckless Sir !!!:|

merely Fashionable!!!....:P;)..

( for the times )B|... circa 1977

j

:D - I remember those days too - I started jumping in '78 ... Oh I sooooo wanted a suit like that:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

j t

Oh and it's the same as saying: "I just don't get it why plain old cars are not enough."

http://www.svvs.org/genpics7/1910_Hotchkiss.jpg vs http://www.supercars.dk/cars/bugatti/bugatti-veyron.gif

Yeah, he's pushing it, pushing the limit and damn he looks awesome and really brave, but it's nothing super duper unreal...

Yeah, cause in the end thats what skydiving is all about, looking awesome and appearing brave to impress everyone. :S

I don't see a problem with doing these kind of things. They are awesome and they show great skill and courage, kudos to all the people who do this and live to tell the story.

And thats the problem. The fact that you don't see a problem. You seem to have a very reckless attitude toward skydiving. Honestly, if you are going to continue to think the way you do, you should probably quit skydiving. Seriously. :|

As far as I read every generation gets smarter than the old one... Every generation evolves, gets better at everything, so yeah the new guys are better than what you were like 20-30 years and people will be better than us right now after 20-30 years, it's all natural...

I'd really like to see a citation on this little gem of knowledge that you just dropped on us.

Final thought: Your posts make my head hurt.

Reckless attitude.

Tell it to Travis, Scot or any other guy who does similar stuff. Or stuntmen, or to racing drivers or any other people who do anything that can harm them.

I'm surprised how you even became a skydiver, judging by your attitude you seem like someone who wouldn't leave his house because he might slip, fall over, break your neck and die in street or something similar...

About the smarter thing... It's a small book "Very short answers to very big questions" Oxford, Chapter 14 - Are we becoming more intelligent?

If my posts make your head hurt - don't read them.

Maybe this is a bad thread to jump into, but my 2 cents worth. The bold and adventurous lead the way for the rest of us to follow. The original skydivers learned all the hard lessons that were taught to me so I could survive. When the reserve went on the back and all the canopies became square, we had a lot of new stuff to figure out. CRW brought a whole new bunch of hazards and rewards.

From what I saw along the way, some guys thought things through, tried and tested new things, and minimized the risks as much as they could. Some guys just said "Aw, go for it." The man who invented the Birdman suit did some great things in it, then died when he sewed his main parachute to his container by mistake when modifying his suit. Rob Harris, the best sky surfer ever, died ignoring safety requirements while filming a TV commercial.

There's not a thin line between professional and stupid, it's a huge chasm. As far as new people asking "Can this be done?". I think that's fine. I'm sure Bill Booth and a lot of other innovators in our sport asked a lot of "dumb" questions starting out. That's how genius often starts. :)

Tell it to Travis, Scot or any other guy who does similar stuff. Or stuntmen, or to racing drivers or any other people who do anything that can harm them.

It was definitely reckless for them to do it. Racing cars is not nearly comparable to jumping without a parachute its more like just plain skydiving. Your analogies are bust. Try again.

I'm surprised how you even became a skydiver, judging by your attitude you seem like someone who wouldn't leave his house because he might slip, fall over, break your neck and die in street or something similar...

So because I try to be safe and not kill myself and others like you seem to want to do I'm a pussy? :S

Edit to add: I recked my car doing 100 on a rural road. I'm not afraid of shit. The reason I try to be as safe as possible is because it's dangerous enough without doing retarded shit. To quote my FJC instructor 'You can do everything right and still die.' So why the fuck would I want to do something that is blatantly dangerous and reckless?

You know what, you have almost 100 jumps go do it if you wanna do it. Maybe then we wont have to read your posts anymore. ;)

I see what you are saying but at the same time I fail to see how parachuteless jumps contribute to the evolution in skydiving.

Maybe they don't, maybe in a way they do :)
But it's the performers who are in danger and not you, so why would you worry? Just sit back and enjoy the show :)
I'm not saying I don't respect your choice of being safe and I'm not calling you a pussy.

What I dislike is you dissing people like these who do these things.

I see what you are saying but at the same time I fail to see how parachuteless jumps contribute to the evolution in skydiving.

Maybe they don't, maybe in a way they do :)
But it's the performers who are in danger and not you, so why would you worry? Just sit back and enjoy the show :)

You don't think that if some new guy does something like that and pulls it off he'll think he can do anything? I do. And if he thinks he can do anything whats to stop him from improvising on a jump to prove how cool he is, and doing something stupid and taking me out with him.

Edit:

What I dislike is you dissing people like these who do these things.

The reason I dont like it is because every Billy Badass 100 jump wonder that sees it done will think they can do it. go back up to the top of this post to see why i think thats a bad thing.

I see what you are saying but at the same time I fail to see how parachuteless jumps contribute to the evolution in skydiving

It does show a certain confidence in the state of the art of relative work.;)

I don't see the advancement of the sport by that either. But I would do it for the right amount of money. You can bet I'd have a plan B too. This stunt has been done more than once over the years. I don't think it's killed anyone yet. That doesn't mean it's safe.

I worry more about jumpers getting killed by their canopies or collisions with other canopies. A few new people asking about stunts is not a real danger, I think.

I'm sure no jumper with 100 jumps will start doing chuteless jumps or start standing on a tandem, they can't even decently backfly or sitfly anyway :D

Eh, the article I read, think it may have been in this thread, said Pastrana only had an A license and about 100 jumps. That's what worries me not only did he pull it off but he only had about 100 jumps. I'm sure there are some jumpers out there with the superman mentality that think they can do it at 100 jumps because Pastrana did.

I'm sure no jumper with 100 jumps will start doing chuteless jumps or start standing on a tandem, they can't even decently backfly or sitfly anyway :D

Just to show you how stupid people really can be, and yes, I do mean stupid, regardless of his achievements.

http://expn.go.com/expn/story?id=3055619

"But he is very possibly the least experienced, with only about 100 jumps and a beginner's rating to his credit."

So what makes you think anyone else with 100 jumps wouldn't do it, they must be just as capable. Please for the love of god stop posting until you're ready to contribute something useful. (Sangi)

Blink

P.S. Great minds think alike Skittles!