Jumpdude

Fundraiser boogie a scam at Adventure Skydiving Tn."

First of all, Chuckie is a very capable skydiver and instructor.

As far as his social skills and judgments go: nothing a double lobotomy can't heal!

And so the world turns...

open invitation to come out and see how we operate. then you can speak intelligently about the subject instead of just speculating and jumping on the ban wagon.

Why would ANY nomal decent person want to go jump at a place that thinks it funny to advertise a picture of someone dead pet, for anything. What a bunch of sick wierdo's. What kind of people do that?

Not only is it very sad, but very sickening.

J

open invitation to come out and see how we operate. then you can speak intelligently about the subject instead of just speculating and jumping on the ban wagon.

Why would ANY nomal decent person want to go jump at a place that thinks it funny to advertise a picture of someone dead pet, for anything. What a bunch of sick wierdo's. What kind of people do that?

J

Where's the humor in doing stuff that offends people?:S
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

After watching all the fuss here on this subject, I decided to check to see if they are doing any advertising yet for this next event, and I was able to find their website that, as of now appears to be just showing that newspaper article that was posted earlier in this thread. Here's the site that I found; www.cataidsboogie.com
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

To all you whiners and cat killers:
You guys seem to be doing alot of crying about this so called "cat aids" boogie. Who of you were there to witness any of it? Jumpdude obviously has some personal issues towards the dropzone in Clarksville, TN and is trying to take them under because of pure jealously for their twin turbine/zp/sigma/mirage instead of his 152/round reserve/strong/para commander equipment. The dropzone in Clarksville, TN is a really fun place, I jump there myself and enjoy every bit of it. I would like to invite ANYONE to come and check the place out before you get on the forums and badmouth the dropzone. Two individuals will never stop raising hell about AST and its very obvious who they are.

PS: Jumpdude - please do not use smiley faces in your post you're not a damn child

To all you whiners and cat killers:
You guys seem to be doing alot of crying about this so called "cat aids" boogie. Who of you were there to witness any of it? Jumpdude obviously has some personal issues towards the dropzone in Clarksville, TN and is trying to take them under because of pure jealously for their twin turbine/zp/sigma/mirage instead of his 152/round reserve/strong/para commander equipment. The dropzone in Clarksville, TN is a really fun place, I jump there myself and enjoy every bit of it. I would like to invite ANYONE to come and check the place out before you get on the forums and badmouth the dropzone. Two individuals will never stop raising hell about AST and its very obvious who they are.

PS: Jumpdude - please do not use smiley faces in your post you're not a damn child.... or wait .... you are a child.

Absolutely, positively NO jealousy here! As I said more than once, If it were Mullins, or Cullman, or Someone like Larry Hill (God Bless Larry Hill!), I would be over there every weekend, but since it's sLyride,,,Well, you see my opinion of their existence in Tennessee.
Also, It's funny about what you think about my rig, Apparantly Paiser has told you guys more lies about me, I don't have a round main or reserve and it's not a Strong product either.

YOur whole post was noting more than "deflect, divert, distract, decieve", further demonstrating the sLyride way.

Here's your smiley face! :P
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Jumpdude you're making a fool out of yourself. You average 32 jumps per year man. . . . .point proven. The comment on your gear came from your jump info! You should attend the next cat-aids boogie and attempt to make a skydive from a turbine aircraft and zp canopy equiped with a cypress and a square reserve, lift ticket on me! How can you even prove that the cat-aids boogie was a scan? Why the hell do you care? The only slyness here is your lame words

Well, I guess you didn't check my info very well, It clearly shows that I jump a Falcon Main, Swift-Plus reserve and a Northern Lite II WITH a Cypress, I don't see anywhere in there that says anything about a round canopy of any kind.

What does it matter what my jump numbers are, Like Chris said earlier in this thread, nobody's skydiving ability or experience has anything to do with this issue.

Your diligent effort to deflect, divert, distract, decieve is not working. You may think I am an idiot, only because I oppose what you people stand for.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

J

quite being such a bleeding heart hippie. How do you know that was a picture of someones dead pet? Maybe it was just a random dead AIDS carrying stray cat. How this offends anyone is beyond me. If you want to live in your world where you believe death isnt a natural part of life then go ahead and fool yourself. If you are this sensitive about cats having AIDS then you need to get a life. You can see more offensive and sick humor on the Jay Leno show any night of the week. I dont think that making jokes about O.J. Simpson is funny either. Afterall two people were brutally murdered. Do you think murdering human beings and getting away with it is funny? Do you have a problem with those jokes too or is it just jokes about some dumb feral cat floating in a pond? which honestly is doing nothing but disrupting the natural ecosystem anyway. If it was someones pet then who cares?????? Pets dont live forever......get over it. IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!! it was a spoof on the anti drug ads. this is your brain....this is your brain on drugs. Did you find the use of eggs to simulate the human brain offensive also???

I was almost a SlyRide customer and thank god to DZ.commer That I'm not now. Thanks to this site it taught me alot about people like you!!! I'm a new jumper and almost got screwd by you guys!!!! Thank God my home DZ don't take the Slyride Gift cert. anymore!!!!

Well, I guess you didn't check my info very well, It clearly shows that I jump a Falcon Main, Swift-Plus reserve and a Northern Lite II WITH a Cypress, I don't see anywhere in there that says anything about a round canopy of any kind.

What does it matter what my jump numbers are, Like Chris said earlier in this thread, nobody's skydiving ability or experience has anything to do with this issue.

Your diligent effort to deflect, divert, distract, decieve is not working. You may think I am an idiot, only because I oppose what you people stand for.

You see this is the problem. what is it you believe the people at that dropzone stand for? they are just a bunch of jumpers having a good time. Hate skyride all you want but why attack the jumpers and staff at a dropzone? those people have nothing to do with skyride. No real skydiver would want to see any DZ have trouble. this is OUR sport.......why would anyone want to start trouble within the sport and attack people they dont even know? the people at clarksville are super friendly, and they are just trying to build a fun DZ with a interesting environment. And yes maybe get the opportunity to enjoy the sport that they love and share it with others in the TN, Ky area. They might be misunderstood sometimes and a little bit lazy but they are as good of people as anyone else out there. Attacking that DZ, its staff, and its jumpers is in no way productive in your protest of skyride. Skyride could disappear tomorrow and that DZ would still be there. And vice versa. By attacking people you have never met and a DZ that you have never visited only shows your ignorance, irrationality, narrow mindedness, spiteful nature, and lack of class.

A sick sense of humor is better than totally lacking a sense of brotherhood, respect for others rights, freedom of expression, and general support for fellow skydivers.
I bet not a single person that has bashed the DZ in this thread, has even been to visit. Nor have they met the very people responsible for what they are just assuming is a scam.
This alone speaks for the intelligence and respectability of the people making these slanderous post.

I was almost a SlyRide customer and thank god to DZ.commer That I'm not now. Thanks to this site it taught me alot about people like you!!! I'm a new jumper and almost got screwd by you guys!!!! Thank God my home DZ don't take the Slyride Gift cert. anymore!!!!

once again........

people like me?
you dont know me.

and i'm not skyride. Do you jump in Tn? if you do then yo would not have been screwed by skyride. If you dont then fine. Your post had nothing to with this topic. Its about the cat AIDS boogie and AST. not skyride!!!

Who to believe, who to believe....

And just so you know, the Humane Society did not contact us until AFTER the donation was made, so GFY.

or

"The unexpected visit to our office to turn in the donation, with photographer included, was a bit peculiar given our communication with your organization over the last several months and unfortunately only served to appear as a last-minute attempt to save face after public dissent with your group's actions," Wilcox wrote in the registered letter to Chuck Owen, with which she enclosed the donated $100 bill.
The donation was rejected because of "questionable material that in no way represents the mission and goals of the Humane Society of Clarksville-Montgomery County," Wilcox's letter said.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go with the Humane Society....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

you would be wrong.

Here is the big question? If so many people think this was a scam then please tell me what the scam was? I attended the event and it was just a normal day of jumping. the only difference is that they had a after hours party where they shot a short movie about cat AIDS. A videographer was interviewing people and they were all hammered. They were taking orders for t-shirts. all and all I would say about 30 to 35 people were there. Hardly a news worthy event. The best thing about all this is the free publicity thier boogie has have gotten. Of course people who have a vendetta against the dropzone or its jumpers are going to spin it negatively. Hell they didnt even attend so how can they in good conscious claim it was a scam? Someone pointed out earlier that the event was only mentioned two weeks prior. that goes to show that it was all in fun. I assure you no one attended that event because they thought they were helping the HS. The people that organized the shirt sales (poorly I might add) mentioned they would donate the profits to the HS. They did that so no one person would be making money from it. It wouldnt be fair to the other organizers and they knew it wouldnt be enough money to be worth splitting among them. Instead they said they would donate it. They never figured on selling more than a handful of shirts because they knew about how many people would attend. Afterall, it was only advertised on myspace to people on thier friends list.

get a life,.............or attend cat AIDS 09. Cats are still spreading AIDS, and people need to know!!!! The money will not be donated to the HS.

that goes to show that it was all in fun. I assure you no one attended that event because they thought they were helping the HS.

I still have the pm's from someone from your dz insisting it was a real event and who argued with me repeatedly about being able to post it. After reading your description, I'm quite sure the kind-hearted animal lovers of dz.com who might have gone to the boogie because they saw it listed in the Events forum surely would have considered it a scam once they got to the dz. Do you understand now why so many people are upset about it?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The shit is flying on the thread, so I will use a PM and hope for a less heated discussion.

I have 2 main questions:

1) The newspaper article said that the DZ's website mentioned fundraising for the Humane Society. Is what the newspaper reported correct?

2) Was it a joke or was it a fundraiser?

If the DZ used the Humane Society name without permission, then there is something wrong at the very start. It is not a question of thinking your joke is funny or not. It is not a joke to use the name of a group without their permission. If the report is correct, you are fortunate not to be at the focus of legal actions by the Humane Society for the improper use of their name. If this is the case, then a sincere public apology to the Humane Society would go a long way to clearing your names.

If the newspaper reported incorrectly, then you have a beef with the newspaper. If this is the case, a retraction from the newspaper would go a long way to clearing your names.

As a society, we have opted to take a dim view of jokes about fundraising for things like the Humane Society. There are plenty of warnings from law enforcement agencies about falling for scams related to claims of fundraising activities. That's just the way it is - people get scammed in the name of our charities. That in itself is a very sad thing. But that's what happens, and it causes a sensitivity to the issue.

If it was joke, then many will find it in extremely poor taste for a variety of reasons.

For me, I'd like to know the answers to the 2 questions I asked before I form any opinions.

I'm so confused. It was a joke,no it wasn't, it was a fundraiser, no,no one expected to really be helping the HS, They contacted the HS, no, the HS contacted them. If this isn't Skyride it sure looks alot like it.

These people can't remember from one day to the next what the last story was that they made up.

Not only did they use the Clarksville HS's name without consent, they even went so far as to post ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE that they "Raised a great deal of money for the Clarksville Humane Society". That being said, it does not matter if they raised $1 or $1,000,000, the bottom line is that they did not hand anything over until they were pressured to do so and it took 6 or 8 months to do that, then the HS people decided that they don't want to be involved with AST (ASC/sLyride), so they returned the money. And they went one step further and demanded that the reference to the HS be removed from the AST site.

So, here we are again, the question is Scam or Joke?

Again I say, if they get away with it, they successfully scammed someone, hence business as usual, but in this case, just as many others, they got caught, so now it was a "Joke".
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

As I said, I meant that post to be a PM to hallux.

We already know your answers to the questions, and I expect that your post is going to inhibit him from responding to my questions without getting more upset.

So, please, let him answer my questions without all the shouting.

You and the other sLyride supporters here had repetitively claimed that AST is not affiliated with sLyride/ASC, Let's look at this for a second;
Your website astskydiving.com has a variety of pictures of tandem skydiving, but it seems that they are all used on the sLyride/ASC sites.
Here's the links for quick reference;
AST
http://www.astskydiving.com/faq.html
sLyride
http://www.1800skyride.com/Skydiving/Clarksville/first.html
AST
http://www.astskydiving.com/contact.html
sLyride
http://www.1800skyride.com/Skydiving/Clarksville/contact.html

And this one really proves the affiliation;
http://www.astskydiving.com/gift_certificates.html

As for the claim there is no affiliation between AST and sLyride/ASC, judge for yourself.

There again, my Signature at the bottom of my post stands true again!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

As I said, I meant that post to be a PM to hallux.

We already know your answers to the questions, and I expect that your post is going to inhibit him from responding to my questions without getting more upset.

So, please, let him answer my questions without all the shouting.

Sorry about that, I was typing before I saw that request.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Lets try this from another angle. I really don't expect to make a difference here but I'll give it a shot.

Small town politics and dynamics work pretty much just like a forum. You have things that are accepted and things that are not. You have done something that like it or not came across as socially unacceptable and you have been called out for it. At this point it doesn't matter what it was,real,a joke,a poor joke. No one is going to listen to or be changed by your continued reasoning or excuses.Much like a child arguing with their parents,your words are falling on deaf ears.(sorry Billy)

Now lets go one step farther. You have, whether you ment to or not, offended and shown disrespect for people in the town where your DZ does business. In a small town,let me tell you how that works. This was a huge topic of conversation at the local churches the week after this hit the papers. Even more so at the next Chamber of Commerce meeting. Now, here is where it gets worse and begins to show the real character. Instead of trying to make this right or at least make it go away, you are planning on doing it again. All the while blaming someone else for causing this mess to begin with.

When the time comes that your DZ is no longer welcome in that town don't look here for the reason,gather up in a big round and look around. The cause will be standing right there.

It seems that there are more questions than acceptable answers about the Cat Aids Boogie at Adventure Skydiving Tennessee as to whether or not it was a scam. And since there have been multiple DZ.com users/sLyride supporters here that try to say that AST is not affiliated with IgoVincent; DBA; 1800 Skyride, Adventure Sports, Thrill Planet, ASC or any other alias that the company may use at any given time.

When voting, note that there are two questions to answer.

Ok... so I'm half way through the thread, and your mantra for skyride still applies to you more than anyone. First, I have neer stated AST and skyride are unaffiliated. However what I have stated in detail while citing multiple parallel examples so that I could try to provide some clarity to someone as jaded as yourself could understand- is that the ONLY connection to skyride AST has is that the funding to start the DZ came from the owners of skyride.

so cash was provided, however operations are completely independant- again their operations interact as much as competing hotel chains, or competing airlines.

Now jumpdude, please refrain from twisting my posts in other threads. clearly you're just "deflecting, diverting, distracting, and who could forget decieving" to our level. All we want is to make as much money and ruin everyone else's fun as fast as possible. though I probably shouldnt make a statement like that since you'll interpret it as fact instead of being laced with sarcasm as intended.

And spence- I know of at least 2 people from california coming to the boogie, likely as many as 6, as well as a couple from colorado. We should contact the national media and let them know the infection is spreading!

As always, we are inviting you guys to come out and join in. though I assume it could potentially damage your arguments if, heaven forbid, you actually had a good time and began to understand that the DZ's arent hell bent on screwing everyone over!

Lastly, as I have said before- it was a boogie first and fundraiser second. It's great for you guys to keep thinking for your own interest in slandering a DZ that the purpose was to generate vast revenue streams for the humane society, really- good for you! Time well spent! Pat yourselves on the back!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Lets try this from another angle. I really don't expect to make a difference here but I'll give it a shot.

Small town politics and dynamics work pretty much just like a forum. You have things that are accepted and things that are not. You have done something that like it or not came across as socially unacceptable and you have been called out for it. At this point it doesn't matter what it was,real,a joke,a poor joke. No one is going to listen to or be changed by your continued reasoning or excuses.Much like a child arguing with their parents,your words are falling on deaf ears.(sorry Billy)

Now lets go one step farther. You have, whether you ment to or not, offended and shown disrespect for people in the town where your DZ does business. In a small town,let me tell you how that works. This was a huge topic of conversation at the local churches the week after this hit the papers. Even more so at the next Chamber of Commerce meeting. Now, here is where it gets worse and begins to show the real character. Instead of trying to make this right or at least make it go away, you are planning on doing it again. All the while blaming someone else for causing this mess to begin with.

When the time comes that your DZ is no longer welcome in that town don't look here for the reason,gather up in a big round and look around. The cause will be standing right there.

Well said!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org