Distabled

My last 3 paraplegic skydives-from Friday 29th May

Hello peoples,

Here are my 10th, 11th and 12th jumps from 2 days ago. I hadnt jumped since May 3rd when i went solo in freefall for the first time so it took a bit to get back into it. Jump 11 was fantastic. Check them out.

Jump 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM5KG5yj_Ak

Jump 11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNgnq89KRs0;)

Jump 12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM-swFaf2xk

No more head down deployments thank god!

Rock on!

D
Get busy living or get busy dying!

My legs aren't better then your's.
When I swing in/out (nobody told me this)
I strech my elbows up until stable (instantly).
Just elbows.
Think about it with a friend and while discussing, consider wider lower leg pants.

Don't get me wrong but I would smiling enjoy seeing you more stable - if you don't, I'll run into woods and hide
What goes around, comes later.

I just shared this with my kids, that all things came be over come if you put your mind to it and think outside the box....THANKS FOR SHARINGI have a real good friend that I ride sportbikes with, he was ran over by a drunk driver and drug down a rode of a 1/2 mile before he dislodged off the bumper. He was in a coma for 8 weeks and lost a leg just above the knee..after a year of rehab and some hard works by his friends we had his bike back together with a electronic shifter...we changed his name from Thomas to UNSTOPPABLE  You and my friend are in that rare world where men are  men

Here are some great pics too.

Epic!! Well done Dale, your journey to get your A license back is truly 'on course' now B|

One thing though, and take this for what its worth (not a lot as Im not an instructor)
But Im guessing your AFF rigs are RSL equipped as are US and UK ones.

You seem to grab the risers on every deployment, which would get you in trouble doing AFF over here... as you risk popping the reserve pin if you accidentally tweak the RSL cable.
= two out = as the main deploying = bad ju ju

Im surprised your instructor hasnt mentioned it [:/]

No RSL HF, the rigs im jumping are dual systems with a cyprus. (cut away handle also deploys reserve)I know what you are saying but its all cool, no chance of 2 canopies out due to that with the rigs i jump. I have spoken with Curtis about it. I dont think there is anything that we havent spoken about! Briefings and de-briefings are very concise. As you could imagine!

I reach for the risers for a reason, I use my elbows to protect my face incase my legs swing up. This has happend to other paras doing tandems. I havent had my legs hit my arms yet so i will prob stop doing it. These are the types of things I have to modify.

D
Get busy living or get busy dying!

Nice one brother. I saw you added some material on your arms for more drag. #11 was da bomb. Keep it real.

On a side note: Cyprus is my country, Cypress is the tree and Cypres is what you have in your rig...but you can always call it Cyprus and mention me if you wantB|

Have a good one.

Marios