Thrillseekers

newb question...

Hey DZ,

I am a fairly new skydiver with only 7 jumps under my wing and I was wondering if my Anon snowboarding goggles would make good skydiving goggles. They just sit there collecting dust and I would like to put them to use. So I was wondering if anyone has ever did a jump with ski/snowboarding goggles. I tried searching in the forums for a possible old thread about this question, but I only got a thread about if skydiving goggles would work as ski goggles.... funny,

personally i wouldnt use anything that limits my view. i would be cautious of anything thats bulky around the edges. you never know if it will cause you to not see a jumper above you at pull time or something else unexpected that you otherwise might have seen in the corner of your eye.

If you were my student I'd tell you take them back to the car and leave them at home next time.

Too bulky, limits visibility too much and if they are tinted I can't see you eyes. Likely to blow off.

Off course I still think Kroop goggles are the best.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

If you were my student I'd tell you take them back to the car and leave them at home next time.

Too bulky, limits visibility too much and if they are tinted I can't see you eyes. Likely to blow off.

Off course I still think Kroop goggles are the best.;)

Yeah these Anon's have little to no blind spots and are great for peripheral vision.... But I don't think i'll use them, Just thought i'd run it by you experts and get a second opinion. So what are good goggles to get?

Just about anything under $20 from here:

www.paragear.com

or here:

www.square1.com

but I got mine here:

www.skydivestore.com

Can't really go wrong with any of these - a (good) pair of goggles shouldn't cost more than the average jump ticket!

When I'm doing a solo, I'll wear my Gatorz Converters, but when I jump with others, I usually wear a pair of clear Sorz (or switch-out the dark lenses on the Converters to "Action Blue" lenses) so people can read my eyes - very very important.

It is absolutely not necessary to buy expensive goggles - my wife gave me the Gatorz for my birthday, so I didn't really have to buy them!
T.I.N.S.