USPA Board to Meet Near Dallas

From the USPA web site.

The USPA Board of Directors will meet July 10-12 near Dallas, Texas.

The USPA General Membership Meeting will take place at 7 p.m. Friday, July 10. The Crowne Plaza Dallas in Addison will host all the meetings.

All USPA members in good standing are encouraged to attend the General Membership Meeting, which USPA is required to hold each year.

For more information, e-mail USPA at [email protected] or call (540) 604-9740. For directions or to book a room in the hotel, call (972) 980-8877 or visit http://cpgalleria-nr.crowneplaza.com
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

I have a 3-day performance then. The 14th annual appearance. They'd be seriously disappointed if I didn't show up.

Maybe I'll send a spy, if I can find one who cares.
A Peace Prize within minutes of Bombing the Moon. Coincidence? "Beware the Military Industrial Complex." You GO Ike!

Who cares if the United States Pecker Association a.k.a the USPA is having a meeting? Hope none of those over the hill old terds dont die before then. Im so sick of the USPA who keeps trying to pull jumpers ratings and memberships based on personal issues and and bullshit they have nothing to do with. They dont give a shit about nobody but themselves. They already prove how stupid they are when they fucked with skyride and lost their asses off in a lawsuit and handing membership money to skyride. Good job USPA!!!!!!!!!!! I wish they can re-elect their board and get some people in there that actually skydive and is not over 94 years of age!

Please read the Forum Rules, particularly #1 and #2.

They already prove how stupid they are when they try to sue skyride and lost their asses off and handing membership money to skyride.

You might want to do a little research before you start ranting. I mean, it was sort of entertaining, but you need to get the details right or you look like an idiot. USPA didn't sue skyride... Skyride sued USPA.

Dave

I wish they can re-elect their board and get some people in there that actually skydive and is not over 94 years of age!

Members had their chance late last year to vote in some new board members when 23 people ran for 8 National Director slots. 7 of the incumbents were re-elected, as were all of the incumbent Regional Directors who ran.

Cute rant though.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

yea it sucks.
It seems once one gets in there they just stay because nobody knows anything about the people that are running against them. If joe blow normal skydiver wants to run he will get little votes becuse nobody knows him and the status quo seems safer to voters than the unknown.
Of course very few people vote. Also a problem. Incumbents that are DZO's have their entire dropzones client base voting for them. Someties by force feeding ballots on them or offering incentives in order to gain a vote. Its a fucking JOke! DZO's should not be allowed to hold office period!
Saharaclown, troll or not, is right. a bunch of old self serving non skydiving hypocrits, that are more worried about going after members for trivial things or personal vendettas than they are about helping the sport.
Maybe the owner of the skyride DZ's should fly a airplane around the country and give away free jumps in exchange for votes. That would stir up some shit for sure. But it wouldnt be the first time its happened.

what do you mean by troll????

are you saying that he isnt a skydiver?

because whether its his first post or not its still his opinion. As long as he is a skydiver he has a right to voice an opinion about the USPA.

Post numbers on this site dont make a person wrong or right. If you base the validity of someones opinion off of the number of post they have on this site then you are greatly mistaken.

>As long as he is a skydiverUSPA member he has a right to voice an
>opinion about the USPA.

As long as he pays dues, yes, he does. However, in my experience, the louder, ruder, vehement and obnoxious someone is on the net, the less likely they are to show up and do anything constructive.

Here it starts, someone calls me a troll. Troll over here has plenty of jumps, plenty of years of dues paid to the USPA so dont start pointing your finger if you have no idea. I have every damm right in the world to describe my feelings towards the USPA, this is America motherfucker! USPA is just like the damm bush administration, old, crooked and lame! The reason im tired of their shit is that they are hurting jumpers and by hurting jumpers your hurting the sport. Also, by handing skyride fat checks your wasting jumpers money, which they probably would never have seen anyway whether USPA won or lost............

Here it starts, someone calls me a troll. Troll over here has plenty of jumps, plenty of years of dues paid to the USPA so dont start pointing your finger if you have no idea. I have every damm right in the world to describe my feelings towards the USPA, this is America motherfucker! USPA is just like the damm bush administration, old, crooked and lame! The reason im tired of their shit is that they are hurting jumpers and by hurting jumpers your hurting the sport. Also, by handing skyride fat checks your wasting jumpers money, which they probably would never have seen anyway whether USPA won or lost............

So, you'll be at the Summer BOD, and General Membership meetings? Go share your thoughts with the BOD, you'll accomplish nothing by ranting here, I know from personal experience. Go to the meetings, get to know your RD. When you have an opinion you'd like to share, your RD will ask to recognize you (Robert's Rules of Order), and you say your piece.

I went to the Winter meetings, spoke up multiple times, and learned quite a bit about how things work.

The membership doesn't really give a shit about the BOD. 90% do not vote, and of the 10% who do vote 90% +/- of those vote on name recognition alone, and for the most part they only recognize the names of the incumbents. "Get out the vote" doesn't change anything if the electorate who vote are ignorant. Works at the USPA BOD level just as it does at the US National Level.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ