Pink1980

Competion ideas

We are having a boogie at Okanagan Skydive in Vernon, BC, Canada and I am looking for fun competition ideas. We have quite a few B license Skydivers and A license skydivers as well as some solo skydivers. We have a some coach 2 skydivers as well .

We are hoping to be able to involve everyone in the day and would love some suggestions for fun and creative competitions to get everyone involved.

Anyone is welcome to come...it is the 24th April.We have two cessnas for the day

Look forward to hearing those ideas!;)

I use to run Tracking races at my home dropzone from time to time which is pretty fun. Have the jump pilot set up jump run over a certain ground reference point...drop the load...the person to track furthest while staying within a certain deployment altitude wins.

Hi Pink,

Another competition we have here for beginner skydivers is a 3way FS scramble competition: 1 experienced skydiver and 2 beginners per team. Lots of fun

He beat me to it! I ALWAYS found scrambles a lot of fun. A great way to meet & jump with new(er) people.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Pink,

Another competition we have here for beginner skydivers is a 3way FS scramble competition: 1 experienced skydiver and 2 beginners per team. Lots of fun

He beat me to it! I ALWAYS found scrambles a lot of fun. A great way to meet & jump with new(er) people.

JerryBaumchen

And if the weather's bad, scrambles on creepers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Three way scrambles with four people. Osmosis dive. First point #1 is out, second point #2 is out, third point #3 is out, and fourth point #4 is out. Make the transition a clean break and simple. Haven’t seen it done in a long time but it sure can be fun.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hog flops are fun too. Build a whatever-way round, break and everyone do a backloop. Rebuild the formation and then repeat until breakoff. Most "points" wins.

"Hog Flop" was the first form of 4 way competion at the World Meet.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

to sum and add:

1. Sport Accuracy
2. Scrambles
3. Hog Flop
4. Pumpkin Drop (closest to the target wins)
5. Hit and Chug (last load of the day, land and chug, fastest from touch-down wins)
6. Jump Poker (pick a card after every jump, best poker hand wins)
7. Skymama look-alike contest. (:D:D)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

to sum and add:

1. Sport Accuracy
2. Scrambles
3. Hog Flop
4. Pumpkin Drop (closest to the target wins)
5. Hit and Chug (last load of the day, land and chug, fastest from touch-down wins)
6. Jump Poker (pick a card after every jump, best poker hand wins)
7. Skymama look-alike contest. (:D:D)

is there really a winner for #7? =D
IHYD

Beginner accuracy competition: click

Another competition we have here for beginner skydivers is a 3way FS scramble competition: 1 experienced skydiver and 2 beginners per team. Lots of fun :)

owwies, what happened to the guy at 7:20
IHYD

Another competition we have here for beginner skydivers is a 3way FS scramble competition: 1 experienced skydiver and 2 beginners per team. Lots of fun :)

He broke both bones in his lower leg, multiple times.

He was warned a few times already (see previous landing of his @ 3:00), he had 800 jumps and was in a beginner competition (the rest had 1-100 jumps) and he kept complaining about everything including the ambulance guys and that he got a 0 score for that round for dangerous behaviour.

Since this wasn't a simple mistake, we put the landing in the video to show what happens when you don't listen and turn too low B|
Of course he complained about that, too.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Here's another idea, although it might be a little chilly for BC in April...

RW with everyone wearing shorts and t-shirts - no jumpsuits, no long sleeves or pants. No extra-baggy t-shirts or big cargo shorts, either. I know this is not uncommon in FF, but for RW the minimized control surfaces do make a difference, especially for those used to jumping a RW suit. For those unaccustomed to it, overshooting or crashing the base is not uncommon, and getting back up to the formation is tougher.

This is important: no exiting in a chunk - a no-contact exit. Build the first formation; then as many points as you can till break-off.

He broke both bones in his lower leg, multiple times.

He was warned a few times already (see previous landing of his @ 3:00), he had 800 jumps and was in a beginner competition (the rest had 1-100 jumps) and he kept complaining about everything including the ambulance guys and that he got a 0 score for that round for dangerous behaviour.

Since this wasn't a simple mistake, we put the landing in the video to show what happens when you don't listen and turn too low B|
Of course he complained about that, too.

now i am inclined to laugh :)
IHYD

Karl & Merriah Eakins from Team Flewid have been doing what they call Student Olympics for a few years now at Skydive Twin Cities. They also have taken the show on the road to several other DZ's. It's designed with students in mind. Lot's of fun and well recieved by students and up jumpers as well.

I can't speak for them, but, they are great people and always willing to share ideas. Also, I believe they wrote a couple articles in Parachutist about the event. Contact them or PM me and I'll give you their #'s :)

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

hey ya, im on the committee for a university skydiving club and we are organising our first intervarsity/boogie weekend in the coming year, it would be class if i could get a contact for them from you, to get ideas for competitions for students and inexperienced skydivers :)
thanks