stinkyho

Brake lines in or out?

Is there a difference whether you pack with your brake lines inside your risers our outside?

I usually pack with them inside (excess going to the outside). The other day I packed them with them on the outside, and I got a long, long snivel and a big, off-heading opening almost into line twists.

Was it just a big coincidence? Snivel was kind of cool as it slowed the opening nicely. The almost-line twist wasn't as cool.

Shouldnt have any effect on the opening as long as the lines are stowed with toggle going thru the cat eyes.

People stow theirs inside, outside or dont stow them at all... just a personal preference.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

or dont stow them at all...

A BAD idea that has some serious potential consequences. Stow the damn excess.

I do, makes me cringe everytime I see a video and during the deployment you see break lines go all over the place.B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Setting the brakes with the lines inside or outside didn't make the snivel different. The long snivel might have had something to do with the near line twist. Are you sure you set the brakes properly on that jump? The more consistent you are, the more consistent results you'll get.
You don't have to outrun the bear.