vortexr1

What EYEWEAR you jumpin ?

I used to jump Gatorz, but the hinges would corrode and fall apart or the aluminum would de-laminate from sweat.

Now I'm using Oakley Gascans. $50 a pair and they fit very well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I used to jump Gatorz, but the hinges would corrode and fall apart or the aluminum would de-laminate from sweat.

Now I'm using Oakley Gascans. $50 a pair and they fit very well.

Where are you finding these for $50? Link please :)

I see them on US Standard Issue for $55

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Product_Detail.cfm?id=89
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Never knew about that, thanks!

Anyone have any comment on the 'S' version of them? Is that a slimmer fir or what?

Not sure if you'll qualifiy for USSI, I'm fairly certian AD is a LEO (or affiliated with them), and I am military. They make you send them a copy of your credentials/ID card before you can make any purchases.

That being said, I am getting a pair of Liquid Eyewear... they're more expensive than the Oakleys, but they're built like tanks, my oakleys never last long (hell, I have a couple sets I havnt even taken out of the case, just because they'll break)

IIRC the oakleys have plastic hinges (atleast on the military ones we get) and fall apart pretty easily, I wouldnt take them to terminal.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Yeah noticed that after browsing around a bit.
I've also sort of set of liquid but it'll be a while; $100+ glasses aren't my top priority right now..

Ya arent factoring in the discount are you?

Tell them you're a skydiver, (Scott Campos aka LouDiamond) knows those guys pretty well and gets us a hookup.

Call them tomorrow, they have been VERY willing to answer everything to the finest details when I called with a ton of questions, they know their stuff and the product is just plain awesome.

I gotta figure out who wants to buy a pair of gatorz when I get back... lol

Just curious what everyones jumpin as far as googles,sunglasses,ect..Plus im lookin form some new shades to jump and want some feedback ;)

Been jumping the Liquid "gasket" for a few years now and really like it. Fits my face well and I have had very little issue with RW, Wingsuit, Camera Jumps, basically anything I have been doing. Durable and does a good job...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Right now I am using Gatorz. When/if I decide to go with something different, I will probably go with Wiley X's. I have seen a couple of pairs and really like the way they are built. One of my friends has a pair with prescription lenses as well (not that I need this at this time).

Edited to add: They come with keepers built-in.

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

Why I dont get wind in my eyes, I don't really know. Strangely they work better then all skydiving goggles I have owned so far (those really flat space age looking ones and the standard cheap plastic shits you get in the tunnel). I always had trouble with wind getting into my skydiving goggles before. If you go with sunglasses make sure you get urself those strings to keep them on your head and which allows you to fit them more snuggly to your face. I have attained speeds of up to 275 mph in speed track dives and have had no problems with my Rays (no wind probs at all) whereas with my regular skydiving goggles I woudln't have seen shit. Hope this helps...

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/

Some qualifications required.

Most of my terminal jumps are tandems, but they hold up just fine. For swooping they rock it well. The S is slimmer and smaller all around, nearly canteen size. My extra-large melon doesn't fit in anything but M-Frames and Gascans. And the Gascans fit under my laundry-basket helmet better than others.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."