BjornTheBear

280lbs - WTF am I going to do?

We have gear and Instructors to take you at your current weight. HOWEVER, your skydiving experience is going to be much better and your progression faster if you loose as much as possible and get in as good of shape as you can.

That will also make it easier to find a place closer to you I am sure.

Joe,
www.GoldCoastSkydivers.com

I've touched 220lbs once in my life. I literally had to work out 7 days a week, 3 hours a day. Pay for a personal trainer, and eat nothing but supplements, chicken, and tuna.

I know "losing 60lbs" might seem easy, but I've tried. My frame just doesn't allow it. After a year of weight loss, and about 6 personal trainers, the upkeep just to stay at 220 wasn't practical.

30lbs I could do.... but finding the DZ to do it?

Let's say I finally make my way through, and get my license. What's the cost of your equipment rated for a 250lb guy? Is it even practical for me to try? Or is this Bear never going to fly?

I'm 6'1" and I used to weight about 300 lbs before I started skydiving. It took me 18 months of strict dieting and exercising 5 times a week to drop to 180 lbs.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

To my knowledge, there is really only one place in the Twin Cities to jump.

There's 6 DZ within a 3 hours of the cities - call them all and ask about option. We have at least one experienced jumper at Baldwin with a modified tandem rig for his size (he's fit and just a really tall and big guy), if you come out and he's there, you could ask him what he did.

But from your pics, you do have some weight to lose. Hard to tell how much. Any that you can would help. It's hard to change one's metabolism, good luck.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's hard to change one's metabolism, good luck.

Nonstop consumption of processed and fast foods over generations and super lazy lifestyle doesn't really help your nation..

That's what you get.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

I'm 250 so gear isn't a problem if you can get down to that weight. I was 230 when I started jumping. I have met lots of jumpers that are pushing 260+. You can do it if you really want to you just gots to put in the work...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

do yourself a favor and make sure you have some health insurance. broken ankles run about $50k.

I have awesome health insurance, and even better life insurance. You can thank riding, racing, and stunting sportbikes for that. B|

Thanks again to everyone. My first step will be getting down to an easy & manageable weight without having to completely change my life (250lbs), and go from there.
Bjorn "The Bear" Iverson