Kajmana

Audible altimeters?

Suggestion: ProTrack. Preference: ProTrack.

You are not doing yourself a favour by expressing a preference in advance, but not expressing why not.

L&B's service and support are second to none, canopy beeps are overrated, and if you take some time to find a second hand offering, you'll have everything you want and some things you didn't know you wanted at a bargain.
Johan.
I am. I think.

You're right, I shouldn't opt out any product w/o proper research. I guess I am looking for something a lil more budget friendly that performs the same functions, comfortable in a bucket and :SI also realize that this is an expensive/highly addictive sport and that I can say goodbye to all my expendable income :S

You're right, I shouldn't opt out any product w/o proper research. I guess I am looking for something a lil more budget friendly that performs the same functions, comfortable in a bucket and :SI also realize that this is an expensive/highly addictive sport and that I can say goodbye to all my expendable income :S

As others have said, buy used. I just picked up an AltiTrack for $150. I've wanted one of those for years, but didn't want to pay $350+ for one, so I was patient till a great deal came along. I purchased my Pro-track used, and both of my Galaxy altimeters used (really only needed one but one fell in my lap for a good price so I grabbed it as a backup).

Keep an eye on the classifieds here and respond quickly. This site makes it very easy to keep up - on the classifieds main page there's a link for New Ads that will give you the last 2 days worth of ads.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

To the OP,

I jump with an Optima 2, and have zero complaints, works like a charm, is fully adjustable and has programable canopy chimes(I use it for a second reference to start my downwind, cross and final). Its like 20$ more than the solo and is worth every extra penny IMHO.

To Fendor,

Don't turn it off....those audibles automatically go into a sleep mode and turn back on when they sense an altitude change...Ive had mine on for almost a year now...battery is still fully charged.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

I always smile when I'm traveling to Florida by car and I hear my audibles beeping in the back seat as I enter the hills of Kentucky and Tennesee.B|

So the alarm goes off when you go back in time too ... cool:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

So the alarm goes off when you go back in time too ... cool:P

*** a time traveltimeter? That rules , I might have to get two of those :)

Yeah but they only go back in time... about 100 years in the case of Kenturkey:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome