TSISK

cutaway

You're better off getting stable first for a few seconds, then pitching it. Not holding it and letting go.

Not really sure what you mean by that...so let me reiterate.

For several reasons, you do NOT want to put your hand behind you and grab the hacky and just hold it...do NOT do that.

There is of course the basic stability problem I explained above, but just as importantly...it's a horrible habit to get into for when you are jumping with other people.

It's turn, track, wave & pull...not lay there with your hand on the deployment handle, someone 'else' isn't expecting that. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You're better off getting stable first for a few seconds, then pitching it. Not holding it and letting go.

For several reasons, you do NOT want to put your hand behind you and grab the hacky and just hold it...do NOT do that.

There is of course the basic stability problem I explained above, but just as importantly...it's a horrible habit to get into for when you are jumping with other people.

It's turn, track, wave & pull...not lay there with your hand on the deployment handle, someone 'else' isn't expecting that. ;)

I can remember a time when I would pull my pilot chute out of the pouch on the leg strap after we moved the pouch off of the belly band.. and use it to wave off with( hey it was a nice bright industrial orange)

Mmmm yeah.. not something I would recommend at all anymore. Some of us have lived thru doing stupid shit ... a bunch of other dead friends ... well not so much[:/]

Yeah thats what I was trying to say, he says he wants to hold his hackey for a little while he is making sure he is stable but if you track early and want to make sure you're stable if you think you have stability problems then it's better to do it before reaching back to pull. After you reach back to pull just pitch it and go back to being stable afterwards.
B.A.S.E. #1734

260 Jumps and you are on a Stiletto and Katana? Damn dude. Put me down for bounce bingo!

OP: Is the Sabre a Sabre 1 or 2? I have a 2, and it seems like the thing loves to open with one side (usually the left) with closed end cells, typically causing a mild diving turn on opening. I could see how line twists at just the right moment could make things interesting hahaha. Good work on chopping!

Since you are pointing out irrelevant info i might as well chime and say there is no such thing as a sabre 1
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

The fact that a Sabre 2 exists, would tend to suggest that there is a predecessor, ie Sabre 1.

Simply stating "Sabre" could easily refer to either, hence it makes sense to clarify.

The predecessor is called the sabre, people would be confused by making up a canopy name that doesn't exist :(
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

The fact that a Sabre 2 exists, would tend to suggest that there is a predecessor, ie Sabre 1.

Simply stating "Sabre" could easily refer to either, hence it makes sense to clarify.

The predecessor is called the sabre, people would be confused by making up a canopy name that doesn't exist :(

Yeah, when the Mustang II came out, nobody called the original a Mustang 1 !! :ph34r:;)

I was under the impression that the rental gear had to be packed by a rigger. I just called them and I was wrong. There are alot of helpful people at the DZ i jump at who im sure would be willing to give a newbie a hand.

At my DZ, the rent per jump (not per day). So technically, if I am to put the rig back on the rack, it has to be packed by a packer.

Usually when I go in, I take a rig off the rack and keep it to the side. I then talk to the AFF instructors and Manifest and tell them I have it, and if someone needs it to let me know so that it can be repacked by a packer before use. They usually never need it and I get to practice packing. Final pack job still has to be done by a packer though.

In short, talk to the people at your DZ, they will probably be pretty accommodating if you tell them you want to practice packing on the rental gear when you use it.

I was under the impression that the rental gear had to be packed by a rigger. I just called them and I was wrong. There are alot of helpful people at the DZ i jump at who im sure would be willing to give a newbie a hand.

At my DZ, the rent per jump (not per day). So technically, if I am to put the rig back on the rack, it has to be packed by a packer.

Usually when I go in, I take a rig off the rack and keep it to the side. I then talk to the AFF instructors and Manifest and tell them I have it, and if someone needs it to let me know so that it can be repacked by a packer before use. They usually never need it and I get to practice packing. Final pack job still has to be done by a packer though.

In short, talk to the people at your DZ, they will probably be pretty accommodating if you tell them you want to practice packing on the rental gear when you use it.

The rental gear where i jump is handed out unpacked and turned back in unpacked. Im gonna find some people at the dz to help me learn to pack. I was thinking about hanging out all day not jumping just packing.

The rental gear where i jump is handed out unpacked and turned back in unpacked. Im gonna find some people at the dz to help me learn to pack. I was thinking about hanging out all day not jumping just packing.

I have spent a couple of days learning how to pack and I could not believe how exhausted I was at the end of the day. Not to mention how sore my legs were from squeezing and controlling the d-bag trying to get the damn thing closed enough to get in the container. Its not easy learning how to pack a fairly new 210. In the end, I learned a lot about packing and how much I was not going to enjoy the continued learning and fine tuning of packing. But, welcome to another fun part of skydiving;)
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

I have spent a couple of days learning how to pack and I could not believe how exhausted I was at the end of the day. Not to mention how sore my legs were from squeezing and controlling the d-bag trying to get the damn thing closed enough to get in the container. Its not easy learning how to pack a fairly new 210. In the end, I learned a lot about packing and how much I was not going to enjoy the continued learning and fine tuning of packing. But, welcome to another fun part of skydiving;)

Good to know, ill be packing a 230..... Yay. Shit ill just downsize to a 150 so it will be quicker to pack...B| Hell I got 37 jumps

...to pack a fairly new 210.

Oh boo-hoo!

I'm packin' a new 210 into a 170 bag! :S

Doesn't 'look' great, but it's working! :ph34r:

That pack job must look like a fat guy in a muscle shirt:P

Good to know, ill be packing a 230..... Yay. Shit ill just downsize to a 150 so it will be quicker to pack...B| Hell I got 37
jumps

As long as you got them "Mad Skillz" like some other folks, going from a 230 to a 150 should be a breeze.....;)

Oh boo-hoo!

More like a fat chick in spandex bike shorts...with a pilot-chute bridle for a belt! :S

Oh boo-hoo!

More like a fat chick in spandex bike shorts...with a pilot-chute bridle for a belt! :S

So I take it your pack job looks like this:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwVPaRcUJxU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I just upchucked a little bit in my mouth

Just be happy you don't have to jump it! :P

Yeah I could only imagine how that would be fully inflated.......:P