airronchi

need real advice

hi, i am a 34 year old chef. i have recently decided to follow my dream of skydiving and making a career in the field. i have jumped static line in the military (ions ago). is it too late for me? what's the best way to approach this? and has anyone heard of the skydiving program in new zealand...is it worth it?
(nzskydivingschool.com)
thank you for your opinions

Hes got no jumps, no container, no parachute, and no home DZ. There ya go...

That why I suggested he fill out his profile. He now has a name and a place where he is from and so on. There ya go....
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hello Aaron

Looking at your profile, you are close to the area I live. Please feel free to contact me by phone or visit me at the DZ with any questions you have in regards to making this your career choice.
I also have a private one on one training program to get you back in the air if your interested.

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Being a skydiver and working at a DZ is pay in itself, i'd give anything to be able to jump the amount my instructors do :S

p.s not in a good mood, it was too windy for a novice like me today >:(. Is it normal to be physically pissed off because u dont get to jump on the day u wanted lol :D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Being a skydiver and working at a DZ is pay in itself, i'd give anything to be able to jump the amount my instructors do

The grass is always greener.......They aren't fun jumping, they are working. It's not like they get to go freefly or do 4-way. AFF and tandems are hard work. You make zero money when the weather is poor or there are no students or the plane is broken, etc. If the DZ overstaffs, you starve. If you get hurt, you starve. You can never get ahead or make up for bad weather. You are an independant contractor with no benefits or rights. You get a 1099 at the end of the year. If you don't like something at the DZ, you can either live with it or go somewhere else if the DZO doesn't want to change it.

Derek

Dude, I started jumping at 39 (2 years ago), so no it's not too late to start. But like the others said, keep your day job. You can enjoy skydiving without it taking over your life. Most of the staff at my DZ have day jobs and work in skydiving on the weekends.

Most of the staff at my DZ have day jobs and work in skydiving on the weekends.

This is the key phrase. The are working in skydiving. Do you want a job or do you want to skydive for recreation and fun. Spend a couple of weekends at a DZ and see how many of the instructors or other staff make any fun loads at all.

Any time you start to work at what you do for fun it becomes a "JOB".

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals