Beachbum

Amazing how well you can seem to do ...

I still remember having about 60 jumps and busting out 12 or 14 points on a 2-way with a friend who had around 1300 or 1400 jumps at the time and was an active 4-way competitor. In the middle of the dive I recall thinking "She's making me look really good right now!":D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Airspeed made me look pretty good sfter thier tunnel camp.

54 points in a two minute time slot . . .

I had perma grin for a while after that.
:)

Gary - Well done sir!

I was wondering if it actually happened though?:)

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I still remember having about 60 jumps and busting out 12 or 14 points on a 2-way with a friend who had around 1300 or 1400 jumps at the time and was an active 4-way competitor. In the middle of the dive I recall thinking "She's making me look really good right now!":D

after I got my A licence I did a few jumps with a few really experienced jumpers and I had a blast but when I did my first 2 way with another fun jumper on the same experience level as me my first thought was, "wot the fuck? why do we suck so bad?"
- Neil

Never make assumptions! That harmless rectangle could be two triangles having sex ...

>I still remember having about 60 jumps and busting out 12 or
>14 points on a 2-way with a friend who had around 1300 or 1400
>jumps at the time and was an active 4-way competitor.

Yep. I remember being at the Raeford tunnel a few years back as part of an 8-way camp; Amy and I got half an hour with Chris and Christy. If only we could fly that well with the 4-way teams we've jumped with . . .

Thanks John and Turtle both! I have been working at it. I need to make an effort to do a bit more 4 way though, I think. Not that I don't enjoy them and learn on them, but maybe doing too many bigger ways where I mostly fly to a slot and maybe one or two other points (IF we make it that far!).

and Clint ... you can ask any of the other 3. I screwed up (not really badly, but still) at least 3 or 4 times, and we still did what was a lot of points for me in a 4-way. I had to alter my mindset shortly after exit, when I noticed that I would pick up a grip and look back to the center, and it had already been keyed and everyone else was in the process of moving to the next point ... LOL!! Danged near double my prior best! You would be more than welcome to come fly video to provide evidence ... ;) ...
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

LOL!! I remember doing that almost right off student status, and I was so naive that I thought I was really getting the hang of it .... until I jumped with someone else with much less experience again. It didn't take me long to figure out that the guy I did the high point 2 way with was good enough to put himself where I needed him to be so I didn't have to actually fly very much, but just reach out and pick up a grip. I hope I'm able to get good enough to do that for other rookies ... :) ...
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

I've seen the opposite as well. Golden Knights RW seminar, Ridgley MD circa 1986. We managed to make those guys look so bad.:P We were all over the sky, and they looked just like us rif-raf. Just goes to show you what a little chaos can do.B|
I believe you have my stapler.

I 'grew up' under the watchfull eye of some great people at Skydance back in the early 90's. Seemed every weekend Dan O'Brien was putting together some kind of fun jump. He gave back a lot to the DZ, made it fun.. learned a lot from the likes of him, Ray, Bungie and countless others. Thats kind of missing now days, well, where I am. but I digress. I've taken a personal vow to help try and put more fun back into skydiving this year, work with the newbies...give back, etc.. :)
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

All three of these guys regularly jump with newbies, so they do give back. It's just rare for me to get to jump with ONLY the 3 of them (I'm not buying beer!). It's usually in much larger groups, or one or two of them on a jump with a couple of us flailers. Jumping with the 3 of them such that I was the only rookie with 3 such highly experienced folks was a real treat for me.

(I'm not buying beer!). .

Umm - you have obviously lost your way . . .

Perhaps a refresher course is in your fututre . . .:D:D:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun