waveoff5500

Tunnel time!

me and a buddy are heading down to Tennessee to go to the wind tunnel next weekend, pretty excited to work on my belly flying in prep for finishing my AFF. any tips?

Yeah ... Don't go to TN.

Edited to add ... The Pigeon Forge tunnel that is.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

By the way ... If your profile is correct and you're in Akron, OH ... Raeford, NC is only another 35 miles or so than Pigeon Forge is from Akron. I wouldn't waste my money at the tunnel in Pigeon Forge.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)

alright thanks for the tip guys, i think were headed to NC then!

I'm only one person who made two posts in this thread.B|

So you will pay more in Raeford, but you'll get way more out of it ... Do some research on the difference between the two tunnels and you'll understand why.

I had the same thing in my mind two years ago ... Was going to go to TN, because it was closer and cheaper ... I'm glad I spent the extra money and went to a Sky Venture tunnel.

You'll have a great time, but be prepared to be frustrated. The first time (or couple of times) you'll probably spend more time bouncing off the net and the walls than anything else.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

hahaha i didnt realize that you posted twice, ill look into that though, im glad i asked cause we were ready to go to TN haha but we do want to get as much as we can out of it, my friend has already had tunnel time, so he wants to work on some sit flying, i just want to work on being stable, and some turns if i can stay in the middle haha.
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

so i looked at sky ventures website, if my friend is licensed and i am on student status can we go under the repeat flyer/skydiver option? cause were going there to train for it, the other packages kinda sound like its just for fun.

we could get a half hour for 575, that sounds reasonable too.
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

so i looked at sky ventures website, if my friend is licensed and i am on student status can we go under the repeat flyer/skydiver option? cause were going there to train for it, the other packages kinda sound like its just for fun.

we could get a half hour for 575, that sounds reasonable too.

USPA license does not matter ... You should be considered a repeat flyer/skydiver to Paraclete with the four jumps that you have ... I only had 8 or 9 jumps the first time I went there.

You'll have a great time, but be prepared to be frustrated. The first time (or couple of times) you'll probably spend more time bouncing off the net and the walls than anything else.

Damn ... How bad did you suck? Haha ... I want to see your tunnel video! B|

Damn ... How bad did you suck? Haha ... I want to see your tunnel video! B|

:D:D I only have 10 min on my belly, and it was before I started AFF. I now have about 90 min and I'm working on flying head-down. I'm not going to say that my first time was pretty but I've watched plenty of people that are new to the tunnel spend the majority of their time bouncing around.

don't ask me to look good doing any back flying :D but my sit has progressed nicely over the past couple of sessions. :)
-pic from my last rotation :)

90 mins to HD is pretty damn good dude... Nice one.

Thanks man, but the coaches are still holding on to me... not quite solo yet. Hopefully within the next 4~ sessions with some great coaching and a little luck.

alright thanks for the tip guys, i think were headed to NC then!

The most important part is a good coach. You need to tell him/her what you are trying to acomplish. Being stable on your belly, turning and a little sliding is probably all you will be able to do in 15 minutes.

Don't forget to tell them you are not there for the fun of it (it will still be fun) but that you are working on skydiving skills.
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.

Couldn't agree more about the coaching thing.

I've got two sets of tunnel sessions (about an hour each "set") did one without a coach, and another with one of the best coaches out there in Arizona (thanks Eliana!!).

I got SO much more out of the second session. The first one didn't really do a lot learning wise, just stayed stable, etc. The second one, we went in with a plan of what we wanted to work on - fall rates, legs, etc. and I got so much more out of it I can't even compare the two sessions. More money, of course, because you have to pay for coaching, but money very very well spent.

If FL is within travel time for you Start Skydiving is doing a weekend tunnel trip to the Orlando tunnel in late February and they have a lot of AFF instructors going on the trip. You might be able to tag and work with their coaches to get ready for spring and save on travel expenses.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com