KevinP

IT HAS BEGUN!!

Hi KP,
Be sure to give us a "Full Report" of your excursions!! B|;) Just remember as Yakama Canuk, the old stuntman that did the under the stagecoach drag stunt, when asked how he did it, he said,"Ya' gotta remember to breath!!"

SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

So, slight change. I'm starting the ASP on Sunday at Eloy instead of Friday at Maricopa. I did all my "research" and pricing with Maricopa last Saturday. Last night, I noticed that prices had changed, putting those first seven jumps only $95 cheaper than Eloy. So, I'm paying the extra $94 and going there instead. It's an hour closer to me AND there is that coveted 10 minutes of tunnel time. I look at it as that costing me $9/minute, which is pretty cheap.:D

I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed to see the prices go up in the week before I was going to finalize, but Eloy will work out, I'm sure.

I'll put up reports as I complete stuff!

CLEAR SKIES!!

Sincerely,
Kevin

don't forget to pull!

Haha. You know, I keep getting that advice. Here, from my classmates, facebook friends. It's good advice, don't get me wrong. I just hope it's not as popular a mistake as all the warnings would indicate.
Sincerely,
Kevin

im willing to bet students forgetting to pull happens more often than one might think. but im no instructor so i wouldnt know for sure.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

No, not The Gathering (for you Highlander fans), my skydiving!! I just joined USPA (well, submitted my "order" to join) and will start the ASP at Skydive Phoenix in Maricopa AZ on Friday (the 18th).

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool! Congrats

Now go out and get a GoPro so that you can evaluate the instructors as you progress, and you might as well pick up some swoop shorts too.:D:ph34r::)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Cool! Congrats

Now go out and get a GoPro so that you can evaluate the instructors as you progress, and you might as well pick up some swoop shorts too.:D:ph34r::)

Nah. I figure I'd better wait until I get through with the obligatory 7 jumps before I start swooping. I have a Katana 107 on order. I'm loading it at an even 2.0. It'll have to do until I get my Velocity 75. That'll really push my skills at 2.8 WL. I figure once I get ten or so jumps on the Velocity, then I'll start flying a camera. No need to rush things.

I've been taking notes. ;) My first canopy, that I'll buy in probably late summer, will likely be a 230. A nice big bus, so that I can actually learn how to LIVE through a skydive. LOL
Sincerely,
Kevin

Cool! Congrats

Nah. I figure I'd better wait until I get through with the obligatory 7 jumps before I start swooping. I have a Katana 107 on order. I'm loading it at an even 2.0. It'll have to do until I get my Velocity 75. That'll really push my skills at 2.8 WL. I figure once I get ten or so jumps on the Velocity, then I'll start flying a camera. No need to rush things.

I've been taking notes. ;) My first canopy, that I'll buy in probably late summer, will likely be a 230. A nice big bus, so that I can actually learn how to LIVE through a skydive. LOL

It's not the skydive that will kill you. It's deceleration trauma that will.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So, slight change. I'm starting the ASP on Sunday at Eloy instead of Friday at Maricopa. I did all my "research" and pricing with Maricopa last Saturday. Last night, I noticed that prices had changed, putting those first seven jumps only $95 cheaper than Eloy. So, I'm paying the extra $94 and going there instead. It's an hour closer to me AND there is that coveted 10 minutes of tunnel time. I look at it as that costing me $9/minute, which is pretty cheap.:D

I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed to see the prices go up in the week before I was going to finalize, but Eloy will work out, I'm sure.

I'll put up reports as I complete stuff!

CLEAR SKIES!!

Hi Kevin,
That tunnel is going to be a big help to you. I, & a number of other students would've greatly benefited from one during AFF. There aren't any around here. You're gonna have a blast. Enjoy the ride.

im willing to bet students forgetting to pull happens more often than one might think. but im no instructor so i wouldnt know for sure.

You would be correct. It is sometimes pretty damn funny who pulls and who totally forgets to pull.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334