guineapiggie101

overawed by all the cuteness

Then just bring your swords and armor to the DZ. That'll definitely break the ice (almost all skydivers love cold steel), and the blade will be useful around the firepit too.

B|

haha, I haven't done fencing in a long while, so I might be kinda rusty.

I can just imagine myself dressed in ren/fencing garb and showing up at the DZ.:S

Like this: (I'm the short one in the pic)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/guineapiggie/3495312585_c1bc4a8f5e_b.jpg

Cool. Let's just say that if you got along well with the, ahem, eclectic group that makes up SCA, you will have no problem fitting in with jumpers, who are exactly like SCA peeps except completely different.

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."

Actually I'm 4'5".

"We have a new bull rider, everyone!"B|

You'll learn what that is when you start jumping with larger groups. Or ask your instructor.

Hey, seriously, make sure you always have gear that fits properly. Anyone at the far ends of the size curve will have issues with most student gear.

There are some advantages to being small in our sport, esp. when if comes to making soft landings. So enjoy and have fun.

It seems most jumpers (esp the women) are young and cute.

As for my personal life, I just don't talk about skydiving anymore to my husband. Best way to deal with it.

Perhaps that is just all you have noticed. I have spent a couple of days up at Eloy and have seen representation from all manner of looks, both male and female. Now, I have been married for almost 24 years, so I don't really "notice" like I used to, but yes, there were some very cute girls there, but there were also some not-so cute. And guys, there were some magazine cover dudes and some, well, otherwise.

I liken it to being in the military. Those in military service represent a VERY small percentage of the US population. When I meet someone who does serve or has served, we immediately hit it off because of that commonality. I imagine the percentage of skydivers to be much smaller, hence an even tighter group of people.

Just my .02.
Sincerely,
Kevin