base729

skydiverjersey.com - Is it real???

Anyone been to or heard of skydivejersey.com in Pittstown, NJ? No listing or mention on here other then Skydive East a few years ago (in the same town). Some friends of mine are planning to go there for a tandem for $129 and the website looks awful sketchy.

The web page shows pictures of staff who work for a TN dz as well as pictures of a NJ location.

By the pictures, t looks like it is part of the Sportations/Skyride group.

But they do list a location and facilities, so maybe they have a new DZ or Partner.

If in doubt, go some where else.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I used to fly into the airfield there years ago, never any skydiving going on. Maybe its a new operation.

Edit: Just called the airfield, they verified the skydiving company is just starting this week (talked with the flight school there). They're just waiting out for good weather.

Kind of fake to not use genuine pictures on their site.

There's always skydive sussex about an hour north drive from pittstown.

they verified the skydiving company is just starting this week They're just waiting out for good weather

Kind of fake to not use genuine pictures on their site

Where would you suggest they get these pictures if the DZ is just opening this week?

I don't know one thing or another about this DZ, but if they're opening this week, a lack of 'authentic photos' or details on the website might be excusable.

My vote would be for the OP to call the DZ and see what he thinks. Ask questions as an experienced jumper investigating the place for his friends. If that doesn't pass muster, send them to an established DZ.

Normally, yes, the fake website is a huge red flag, but if the doors are just opening this week, they might deserve a phone call.

I just gave them a call. They seem legit. Said they had no affiliation with Skyride. They expect their 182 to be there tomorrow. Would have been there for the past weekend but weather didn’t hold up. No experienced jumpers allowed yet. Maybe in a few months.

Less than thirty miles from Skydive Pennridge (Skyride) so I doubt they would open up another dz so close.

How do you use genuine photos from your dz if you haven't opened yet?

I just gave them a call. They seem legit. Said they had no affiliation with Skyride. They expect their 182 to be there tomorrow. Would have been there for the past weekend but weather didn’t hold up. No experienced jumpers allowed yet. Maybe in a few months.

Less than thirty miles from Skydive Pennridge (Skyride) so I doubt they would open up another dz so close.

Sorry, but this seems funny to me. After all the complaining about skyride stealing photo's for their web pages, now a DZ steal photo's from skyride.

Matt

So they are a carnival ride not a "DZ".......

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Whatever:S

Whatever:S

Would you rather he said: "Tandem Factory"?

Matt

Re: being a tandem factory, carnival ride DZ

Maybe they will be, but to give them a chance, I can see that a brand new DZ might want to start without fun jumpers to let the DZ to smooth out their operations, make sure they can run well enough to meet demand, get all airport users working smoothly together, etc. Rather than having a bunch of fun jumpers suddenly show up and start moaning about the airlift, organization, facilities, whatever.

Just calling like I see it. Nothing wrong with them being a carnival ride. I'm a capitalist more power to them make as much as they can as long as they are safe. Just call it what it is :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Re: being a tandem factory, carnival ride DZ

Maybe they will be, but to give them a chance, I can see that a brand new DZ might want to start without fun jumpers to let the DZ to smooth out their operations, make sure they can run well enough to meet demand, get all airport users working smoothly together, etc. Rather than having a bunch of fun jumpers suddenly show up and start moaning about the airlift, organization, facilities, whatever.

That is the impression they gave me. Kind of like they are on double secret probation with the airport/locals and if things go smoothly they will add fun jumpers. I wish them luck. They would only be an hour from me.

@ Matt
I didn’t realize the photos they had on their site are the same ones Skyride uses. That is funny.

edit for spelling

Nuthin of any value to contribute, but I used to jump there back when it was Skydive East (often referred to as "Skydive Least" because of all the hours standing around and not skydiving for no apparent reason.) The LZ was off the airport, and required a shuttle back. The neighbors were pretty hostile, and Doug would sometimes ground jumpers for landing off. But I still have some awesome memories from back then.:)

I believe you have my stapler.