mixedup

when is a hook knife required these days?

Seriously. You have not made your first jump yet... Put the hook knife out of your mind. Look at the fatalities we've had in this sport this year so far. To my knowledge not one could have been prevented by a hook knife. If you want to focus on safety then drill the landing pattern into your mind. Fly a good safe and predictable landing pattern and you've addressed a good bit of the risk in this sport.

Next lesson: keeping your head on a swivel.

After your first jump we can discuss beer rules.:D

Talking of knives, it pays to have a decent knife available permanently in side the aircraft....Something meaty, like Crocodile Dundee would carry...

Is that for students who won't jump?:o:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

beer rules sound good! let me guess, is it none before your jumps, but as many as you can after?

yeah - wasn't worried, but just really curious re the hook knife thing based on perception...it's been good that the more I've looked into skydiving the more I see its safer than I thought, both from process and equipment (e.g. reserve release mechanisms)
Parachutist Game IOS Android YouT

beer rules sound good! let me guess, is it none before your jumps, but as many as you can after?

yeah - wasn't worried, but just really curious re the hook knife thing based on perception...it's been good that the more I've looked into skydiving the more I see its safer than I thought, both from process and equipment (e.g. reserve release mechanisms)

what state are you in?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When is a hook knife required? On every jump. I have one on every rig and 3 on my CRW rig. .... well, to be accurate, two hook knives and one church key. B|

I break into churches with hook knives also.

And a great way to circumvent those nasty bra hooks! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

When is a hook knife required? On every jump. I have one on every rig and 3 on my CRW rig. .... well, to be accurate, two hook knives and one church key. B|

O...K.... Anyone want to explain to pyrotech and the rest of the twist off generation what a church key is? ;)

Back on subject... Twardo, have you ever needed a knife on a flag/banner jump?
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

O...K.... Anyone want to explain to pyrotech and the rest of the twist off generation what a church key is? ;)

No, I've never needed one on a demo...yet. ;)

And I am willing to bet that you have not done a demo without one....or two....;)
And that type of thinking is why you are still around.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

And I am willing to bet that you have not done a demo without one....or two....;)
And that type of thinking is why you are still around.

Sparky

Well yeah there's that too...I wear a bunch of 'em because it looks cool to the wuffos. :ph34r:;)