scholarkyle

Ballon Jumping

I'm organising one for Perris. I'm going to be heading over there in August 15th-17th August. So I'm hoping to organise it for then sometime.

Anyone else who wants to come along would be great! :)

The more the merrier (until the balloon is full) lol
I refuse to accept a mediocre life...

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

Pick your spot carefully.

Expect to land in a field, possibly with high crops if you don't pick you spot carefully ;)

Find a few indicators for the wind direction to set up your landing direction: there probably wont be any windsocks where you land.

Prepare for a PLF.

Have fun ;)

Remster

Expect to land in a field, possibly with high crops if you don't pick you spot carefully ;)

Find a few indicators for the wind direction to set up your landing direction: there probably wont be any windsocks where you land.

Prepare for a PLF.

Have fun ;)

Thanks for the advice. Vskydiver and I still haven't made our first balloon jump yet. :S:D

Prepare for a PLF.

Have fun ;)

Thanks for the advice. Vskydiver and I still haven't made our first balloon jump yet. :S:D

Karen and I behaved like 1st jump students when we did ours! lol.... It's hilarious how one reacts to unnatural situations, like the apprehension of "falling" off a basket (while wearing a perfectly good rig! lol)
Remster

I'm organising one for Perris. I'm going to be heading over there in August 15th-17th August. So I'm hoping to organise it for then sometime.

Count me in!! im doing one on Aug 4th out of perris as well. Which company r u planning on using?

Prepare for a PLF.

Have fun ;)

Karen and I behaved like 1st jump students when we did ours! lol.... It's hilarious how one reacts to unnatural situations, like the apprehension of "falling" off a basket (while wearing a perfectly good rig! lol)

first one i made was with an AFFI with around 2000 jumps; we were holding onto each other for dear life! :D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I was fine until I had to climb up onto the edge of the basket. I think it was the silence that really threw me off. No engine noise and no wind noise made seemed to build up the suspense.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

first one i made was with an AFFI with around 2000 jumps; we were holding onto each other for dear life! :D:D:D

Sounds like my first hovering helo jump. I let out a quick scream like a little French girl. :$:D

you should DEFINITLY make a balloon-jump! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Count me in!! im doing one on Aug 4th out of perris as well. Which company r u planning on using?

Awesome! I'll let you know if I can get it organised! :)

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com

Ahhh, I was in Perris recently for the Aussie Bigway camps (which were a blast by the way!!). We had balloon jumps all organised, got up early, met in the carpark on time, drove to the launch site, watched two balloons inflate gracefully, dirt dived exit plan, put on rig and....... My balloon had a defective gas hose >:(.

Got out of balloon, watched the other balloon rise into the air and had to listen to the whoops and hollers from my friends as they jumped.

If only I hadn't been so damn lazy and walked over to the other balloon[:/]

Oh that would have been awesome! There were a few jumpers from my DZ that were there! Smeds and Nige and Kelly... Would have been great!

I felt sorry for you missing out on the balloon jump until I read the "I was too lazy to walk over to another balloon"

HAHAHA!;)

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com