cocheese

Everything pondered... question #2012. Double mal. What do you aim for?

There's nothing tragic about dying doing something you love.:)

So says the guy with 15 jumps. Wouldn't you rather keep on doing the things you love?

Absolutely, but you never know what can happen. You can do everything right and still go in. Whether I end up doing 100 jumps or 10,000 jumps in my life, I'll be happier than I ever was before I started skydiving; that's what counts for me!:)
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

I'd like to think that I would be totally calm and relaxed, and just flip to my back and enjoy the view of the skies that have brought me more pleasure than I could ever have imagined in my lifetime. There's nothing tragic about dying doing something you love.:)

That's only true if you have absolutely no one who would mourn you. [:/]

Sounds like a lonely existence. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

There's nothing tragic about dying doing something you love.:)

So says the guy with 15 jumps. Wouldn't you rather keep on doing the things you love?

Absolutely, but you never know what can happen. You can do everything right and still go in. Whether I end up doing 100 jumps or 10,000 jumps in my life, I'll be happier than I ever was before I started skydiving; that's what counts for me!:)

There is a huge difference between accepting that you can die on any/every jump and romanticizing it.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

There's nothing tragic about dying doing something you love.

:)
THAT is the only statement that my family knows DON'T want said if something happens to me. Between flying, jumping, riding motorcycles and scuba....if something happens to me I won't be grinning thinking "what a great way to go" I'll be busting my ass trying to get out of whatever fucked up situation I'm in!!!
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little