how do you stop a low radical turn from killing you when you know it is probably going to?

DO NOT TURN LOW !
think ahead.
problem solved.

with all due respect, that doesn't solve anything for the hapless jumpers who do turn because they panic.

If someone makes a low turn on account of panic, what makes you think they will immediately become calm and clear-headed enough to correct the situation using information they have read here?

"Superior pilots use their superior judgement to avoid having to use their superior skills." Or - solve the problem at 500ft, not 25 ft.

I'm in the low jump numbers and try and read, talk and listen to everyone I can. I think of this situation a lot and realize I need to practice high quite a bit. But to discard this type of thread because we wont be thinking clearly in a panic situation is all right. What I hope for is that for a clear second I will remember that someone said "pull down on the other toggle". I understand that and will probably remember it.

I'm a conservative skydiver anyway but I wonder when someone is going to hook turn down on me and all of a sudden there they are. I hope to be alert, cautious and still seeing all at jump 2000.

This is a good site. We do learn and we do remember. Thanks to all that feed us and challenge us.

I'm a conservative skydiver anyway but I wonder when someone is going to hook turn down on me and all of a sudden there they are.

Whats the old saying about walking back from further out than to be carried out of the high traffic area? Personally I only land in the high traffic area when I am trying to get to the radio to talk a student down, besides the walk can do me good, need the exerceze...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

What I hope for is that for a clear second I will remember that someone said "pull down on the other toggle". I understand that and will probably remember it.

The key is to dedicate some jumps towards canopy control. Pull high and practice drills. Instead of having that "I hope I remember" thought in your head, do the drills on these jumps and you will build the appropriate survival instincts where you saved you ass instinctually through muscle memory instead of "I hope I remember".

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over