CarpeDiem3

On TV right now: "Sons of Guns" makes a tandem skydive

Looks like they jumped above solid cloud cover, couldn't find the LZ under canopy, and landed off on a jeep trail in the woods. Doh!

Nah, looks like they jumped and landed where they intended on landing. You could hear the people talking about the guy coming in fast and doing a little surf.

But yes, over a pretty good cloud... guess the FAA will love to see that.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Nah, looks like they jumped and landed where they intended on landing. You could hear the people talking about the guy coming in fast and doing a little surf.

But yes, over a pretty good cloud... guess the FAA will love to see that.

That was a second jump they did at the end of the show. The circumstances I mentioned occured on a jump at the very beginning of the show. But yeah, even that second one, he opened inside a cloud...

I was going to ask since they're military does it matter to the FAA, but then remembered they are contractors. Any difference at all?
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Chris Wagner did the tandem... Chris landed in the woods on that road because that is where his video guy landed.

Is that a good idea? I would think a tandem master's first priority is to land his pasenger safely, not to risk their life by intentionally landing in a dangerous area. Shouldn't he have gone for the safe LZ and let someone else deal with the video man in the woods? Is this a case of being so focused on trying to make the shot, that they increased the risk to the passenger? They could always make another jump to get good video for TV. But if they had hurt the passenger making this choice, it would have looked really bad...

I was going to ask since they're military does it matter to the FAA, but then remembered they are contractors. Any difference at all?

Huge difference. They are no different than you and me. I hope no one from the FAA sees this. :P
I watched it and my first thought was what the FAA would say about it. Never really did show anybody punch a cloud. Can you say bad spot but the show must go on. I've punched a couple and the vidioit always made the recording disappear. ;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.