skycatcher68

An AFF version would be nice

I skipped thru it. I get the joke. Super experienced pilot pretends to be a student, then causes the instructor several minutes of extreme anxiety by making him think the student is going to get hurt or killed. :|

Sorry, but as the poor chump running the radio, I've had actual students ignore all commands and try to kill themselves. I just don't think torturing an conscientious instructor is a good basis for humor. [:/]

Sorry, but as the poor chump running the radio, I've had actual students ignore all commands and try to kill themselves. I just don't think torturing an conscientious instructor is a good basis for humor. [:/]

I think you've just been nominated as first victim, you need it.:ph34r:
What if the Bible had been written by Stephen King?

This shows the difference between over 30 years in the sport and multiple instructional ratings and a newb with none.
Been there too, John. Don't see the humor.

I think you've just been nominated as first victim, you need it.:ph34r:

This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

I skipped thru it. I get the joke. Super experienced pilot pretends to be a student, then causes the instructor several minutes of extreme anxiety by making him think the student is going to get hurt or killed. :|

Yeah, me too. Several times. It's mean as hell, but I still thought it was funny.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

It's the kind of joke that would give me nightmares for a week and or perhaps longer. It's bad enough just watching students,...till they go away,...

All I can say Is forgive them,...for they no not what they do,...
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

>Sorry, but as the poor chump running the radio, I've had actual students ignore
>all commands and try to kill themselves. I just don't think torturing an conscientious
>instructor is a good basis for humor.

My wife and I did this years back in Utah. We did it for fun, but it was surprisingly instructive for me; I hadn't been an AFF student for years (was teaching it at the time) and I learned a lot actually sitting through a course, making all the mistakes my students make and watching how they corrected me.

(This particular DZ did not have radios, so there wasn't _that_ potential for stress at least.)

My wife and I did this years back in Utah. We did it for fun, but it was surprisingly instructive for me; I hadn't been an AFF student for years (was teaching it at the time) and I learned a lot actually sitting through a course, making all the mistakes my students make and watching how they corrected me.

Not too long ago I had an AFF Level 1 student that seemed pretty interested in the Tandem gear. Said he had done some tandems. Did fine on the dive. Then find out he's a former tandem master with about 900 jumps getting back in after a 15 year lay off. :D

Which DZ in Utah? I think I've jumped at most of them.