theforkguy

Reckless TM

ianyapxw

I'm only a beginner skydiver and I've been watching this thread.

While explanations have been given about the 'boob grab' and the drogue pitches, I haven't actually seen anyone discuss the sit-flying on a passenger.

All the drama aside, I'm legitimately curious about that action, is it legal and/or safe?

Nothing unsafe and nothing illegal.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Wow. Allen Rounds, AKA Weekend Kyle, AKA "the fork guy", I have never seen someone who is so incapable of letting go and moving on from being told they are wrong. What level of authority does it take for you to respect a decision?

In all of my time skydiving and traveling skydiving I have never felt SAFER anywhere than I have at Skydive Delmarva.

The staff, the planes, the pilot, the management, the ownership are all absolutely top-notch. I cannot think of a group of people who legitimately care more about the well-being and safety of every single person who sets foot on the dropzone than these people I have had the honor of calling my family for over 10 seasons. This DZ is an example of what skydiving should be.

Regarding the TI in question, I have also never met an instructor in this sport more enthusiastic about giving every one of his students the best time of their lives, and sharing with each of them this wonderful, life-changing experience of skydiving. I would absolutely entrust him with my mother and my sister's lives..... and my own. Any day of the week.

-Lisa Eckman

ianyapxw

I'm only a beginner skydiver and I've been watching this thread.

While explanations have been given about the 'boob grab' and the drogue pitches, I haven't actually seen anyone discuss the sit-flying on a passenger.

All the drama aside, I'm legitimately curious about that action, is it legal and/or safe?

Like I said before in this hread, sticking your legs down is a move that gets the tandem down to the video flyer's level quickly, which was needed on that jump in the video that was posted.
It's not that common, but nothing unsafe or illegal (huh? there are laws about which freefall position to be in?).
It's also not sitflying, it is still belly-to-earth.

I *have* seen two sit flying tandems, in that case picture 2 regular sitflyers but stuck to each other. That *is* freeflying a tandem, and this is frowned upon in most places yes.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

dragon2

huh? there are laws about which freefall position to be in?

Well, of course - it's called 'gravity'. :P
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom