sudeep

Getting my USPA A license. Any Suggestions?

Hello Friends

I waited for this time to come since years. I am going for training to get my USPA A license from June 1st. Since most of the users in this forum are GURU's of skydiving, I like to know your suggestions, cautions and other information which u might have experienced.

Thank You

sudeep

Hello Friends

I waited for this time to come since years. I am going for training to get my USPA A license from June 1st. Since most of the users in this forum are GURU's of skydiving, I like to know your suggestions, cautions and other information which u might have experienced.

Thank You

First, you don't "get" your A license, you earn it.

Next, you must, MUST, leave your ego at home. No matter how good a student you think you are, or a bad@$$ outside the DZ life you think you are, you have to be willing to take in all the information and listen to your instructors (who are there to teach you life saving techniques in the sport).

Then, you must, MUST, be patient. Yes, it's cool swooping and flying a 40 sqft wing but you have to work your way to it and pay your dues. That goes hand-in-hand with buying new equipment at an early stage (there are posts about this, and the search button is your friend).

The search button is your friend.

Finally, this sport is elite but with that it is expensive. No matter how you break it down, no matter how people justify cost savings, this sport is expensive.

sudeep

Hello Friends

Thank You

Most of the users on this forums are definitely not GURUs of skydiving. Don't make that mistake. Listen to your instructors over almost anything you see on here.

I say almost because there are people on here that give great advice and who really deserve attention to what they say but they are few and far between. Starting out, it will be hard to differentiate.

Any questions? Ask your instructors. Not sure about something? Ask your instructors? Trying something new? Talk to your instructors.

:)
Have fun!
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

http://www.uspa.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=MjZZfstaczQ%3d

Click the link above to download the USPA Skydiver's Information Manual... referred to as 'The SIM'.

Lots of pertinent information in there, and getting a jump start by reading through it is advisable and quite useful.

During training listen to your Instructors and ASK QUESTIONS!

It's important that you understand to the fullest what they are conveying to you...if you are not 100% sure about what they're saying - it's YOUR responsibility to get it clarified.

Skydiving is an amazing adventure, take your time and do things step by step...the goal is to have fun & not get hurt - both parts of that are up to YOU! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

DcloudZ

***Hello Friends

Thank You

Most of the users on this forums are definitely not GURUs of skydiving. Don't make that mistake. Listen to your instructors over almost anything you see on here.

I say almost because there are people on here that give great advice and who really deserve attention to what they say but they are few and far between. Starting out, it will be hard to differentiate.

Any questions? Ask your instructors. Not sure about something? Ask your instructors? Trying something new? Talk to your instructors.

Have fun!

Speaking of the devil(s)! ^^^^^^

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

DcloudZ

******Hello Friends

Thank You

Have fun!

Speaking of the devil(s)! ^^^^^^

>:(:$;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~