alexafox

You know you're a skydiver when....

Wingsuit related: When you find youself staring, rapt, at, what, to other people look like perfectly ordinary clouds, and you're visualizing the line...the exact line, you'd use to surf down the face of it and still be able to tag the next cloud over, figuring out if you could reach it from here, and how high is it, anyway?

People at work think I'm strange because I spend so much time staring at the sky. I think they're all strange because they don't.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

For military folks...when your put on your T-11, MC-1, etc, and you reach back to do a hackey check and then cry inside when you realize youre jumping static line.

OR

For the MFF guys... you're the first guy out in the chalk and do a dive exit soon realizing you're jumping a static line chute

Everytime you jump from a diving board, even the 1m-board, you instinctively put your heels on your bum and can't help it even if your wife tells ya it looks crappy and all other folks dive in with straight legs. ;)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Had to revive this one.

Sent out a mail to mainly skydiver friends, but a couple of whuffos.

Response: "Do you always sign your mail with Bull Shit?"

B|

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

PiLFy

"You know you're a skydiver when...."

When you're lying in the MRI Machine, in pain, already plotting your return to the (sometimes un)Friendly Skies B|...

Actually something very similar happened to me. Had a trip to the ER after a hard landing. Found out one of my ER nurses had an A license and had made ~30 jumps 5 years ago or so. Lying in the examining room I am trying to convince her to get current.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"