1 1
brenthutch

NPR and saying the quiet part out loud

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

Your Trump derangedment not withstanding, the bias of NPR was not my point, rather the point of a twenty year veteran of the NPR staff, I just shared it.

If you don't care about NPR bias, why are you talking about it?

If mentioning Trump's wilful and open enabling of influence peddling by his family is 'derangement', then how utterly insane is the guy you quoted if he cares about anything Hunter Biden did? Why are you sharing the point of view of someone you think is crazier than a cuckoo clock?

25 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Your Trump derangedment not withstanding, the bias of NPR was not my point, rather the point of a twenty year veteran of the NPR staff, I just shared it.

Thread title: NPR and saying the quiet part out loud

A few posts in: NPR has devolved into a left-wing cesspool of intellectual incest

And now: The bias of NPR was not my point

You are doing an excellent job of destroying every single one of your arguments.  You'd be a great debater if you could remember your point.

20 minutes ago, billvon said:

A few posts in: NPR has devolved into a left-wing cesspool of intellectual incest

You are doing an excellent job of destroying every single one of your arguments.  You'd be a great debater if you could remember your point.

And an even better debater if you couldn't.

(edited)
38 minutes ago, billvon said:

NPR (employee) saying the quiet part out loud was a legitimate title. The bias revealed was from a NPR staffer, not me.  The observation that NPR has devolved into a left-wing cesspool of intellectual incest is my characterization of that bias. It sort of reminds me of what SC has become. 

Edited by brenthutch

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The bias revealed was from a NPR staffer, not me. 

You mean an NPR employee is of the opinion that there is a bias. He then provides hearsay and correlation without causation in his opinion piece.

You are presenting it as "bias revealed" because it agrees with your opinion.

Quite frankly, you are doing the exact same the NPR employee is claiming NPR does.

• Like 1

(edited)
16 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

You mean an NPR employee is of the opinion that there is a bias. He then provides hearsay and correlation without causation in his opinion piece.

You are presenting it as "bias revealed" because it agrees with your opinion.

Quite frankly, you are doing the exact same the NPR employee is claiming NPR does.

“I’m Sarah Lawrence–educated, was raised by a lesbian peace activist mother, I drive a Subaru, and Spotify says my listening habits are most similar to people in Berkeley.”

Yep, sounds like a far right MAGA extremist. No credibility.

Edited by brenthutch

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

NPR (employee) saying the quiet part out loud was a legitimate title. The bias revealed was from a NPR staffer, not me.  The observation that NPR has devolved into a left-wing cesspool of intellectual incest is my characterization of that bias. It sort of reminds me of what SC has become. 

In other words, the supposed bias of NPR is your point, you’re just trying to dodge legitimate questions you know you can’t answer.

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

“I’m Sarah Lawrence–educated, was raised by a lesbian peace activist mother, I drive a Subaru, and Spotify says my listening habits are most similar to people in Berkeley.”

Yep, sounds like a far right MAGA extremist. No credibility.

Yeah, it’s really telling that he explains the politics of the people and places he came from, but he doesn’t say they are his politics. Who did he vote for? Who does he support in the upcoming election? You have no idea.

6 hours ago, jakee said:

Yeah, it’s really telling that he explains the politics of the people and places he came from, but he doesn’t say they are his politics. Who did he vote for? Who does he support in the upcoming election? You have no idea.

“I’m Sarah Lawrence–educated, was raised by a lesbian peace activist mother, I drive a Subaru, and Spotify says my listening habits are most similar to people in Berkeley. 

I fit the NPR mold. I’ll cop to that.”

Do you know what “I fit the NPR mold” means?
You are really grasping at straws.

58 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“I’m Sarah Lawrence–educated, was raised by a lesbian peace activist mother, I drive a Subaru, and Spotify says my listening habits are most similar to people in Berkeley. 

jakee will never let go. All you are now is another crab at a crab pickin' 

• Like 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Your school's politics are not your politics. Your parents' politics are not your politics. A car is rarely a political choice and people who go to Berkely listen to all kinds of music. More importantly though, the whole point of the article that he does not share NPR's opinions.

So, do you know what his politics are? Do you know who he voted for? Or are you just making whatever assumption supports your point? 

Now seriously, if you want to talk about bias, do you actually know how their coverage of the Trump family's influence peddling from inside the White House compared to their coverage of Hunter's solo efforts?

Edited by jakee

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

jakee will never let go. All you are now is another crab at a crab pickin' 

Baaaahahahaha! We had one disgareement and in response you've been stalking my posts for years now only making personal comments without ever addressing a topic... and you want to talk about letting go? Gonna make a wild guess and say you don't own any mirrors!

51 minutes ago, jakee said:

So, do you know what his politics are? Do you know who he voted for? Or are you just making whatever assumption supports your point? 

He is a self described liberal progressive and Democrat. If you have any evidence to the contrary I would be eager to see it.  

57 minutes ago, jakee said:

Baaaahahahaha! We had one disgareement and in response you've been stalking my posts for years now only making personal comments without ever addressing a topic... and you want to talk about letting go? Gonna make a wild guess and say you don't own any mirrors!

You need to harden up, sonny. You aren't that important or interesting.

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

He is a self described liberal progressive and Democrat. If you have any evidence to the contrary I would be eager to see it.  

Where is he a self described liberal progressive and democrat? After the events of this thread so far you'll understand why I'm not going to just take your word for it.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You need to harden up, sonny. You aren't that important or interesting.

Then why can't you let go? What is it about you that means you just have to keep picking?

(edited)
1 hour ago, jakee said:

Where is he a self described liberal progressive and democrat? After the events of this thread so far you'll understand why I'm not going to just take your word for it.

I guess you don’t know what “fits the mold” means. Also he is an editor at NPR and all 88 editors at NPR are Democrats…ZERO Republicans. (Use your brain)

Congratulations you join Olof in the…

image.jpeg
Club :rofl:

Edited by brenthutch

31 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I guess you don’t know what “fits the mold” means.

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of context would say it means his background - because that's all he mentioned. I'm not sure why you think he would suddenly start talking in code to describe his voting habits.

33 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Also he is an editor at NPR and all 88 editors at NPR are Democrats…ZERO Republicans. (Use your brain)

Who says all editors at NPR are Democrats?

(edited)
13 minutes ago, jakee said:

Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of context would say it means his background - because that's all he mentioned. I'm not sure why you think he would suddenly start talking in code to describe his voting habits.

Who says all editors at NPR are Democrats?

You are too fun. It has been widely reported and NPR has not disputed the veracity of that claim. If you have some evidence to the contrary, I am all ears. But you can’t, so I will just sit back and laugh at you.

Edited by brenthutch

(edited)
3 hours ago, jakee said:

Then why can't you let go? What is it about you that means you just have to keep picking?

Sorry son, but picking was my usage and you are stealing it. Whatever bangs your wangers, I guess. There is nothing for me to let go. As I have pointed out here previously you have a real talent for reading for inconsistency and a pit bulls disposition. I think I observed then that you'd be great on a legal team reading opposition briefs. But here it seems that all you do, or want to do, is tear other peoples posts apart; you seem to really enjoy it. Also, you really don't seem to want to put yourself out there. Now, it won't come as a surprise to anyone, especially Brent, that I think he is often full of shit when he's being serious and full of mischief when he's not. But, unlike you, he is out there non-stop making new-ish points and waves and this forum would be less without him.

Edited by JoeWeber
Hammer me hard jakee, I won't respond no matter.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Now, it won't come as a surprise to anyone, especially Brent, that I think he is often full of shit when he's being serious and full of mischief when he's not. 

I just read this to my wife and FWIW she is in full concurrence :shock:

(edited)
8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You are too fun. It has been widely reported and NPR has not disputed the veracity of that claim. If you have some evidence to the contrary, I am all ears. But you can’t, so I will just sit back and laugh at you.

Who claimed it? Give one example of it being reported.
I don’t know what the guys voting record is, he didn’t say. You claim to know what it is, and so far have only offered as evidence something he didn’t say. So you do need to provide some evidence that what you’re saying is actually true. 

But again, good work on distracting from the issues you said you wanted to talk about. How much coverage did NPR give to Jared and Ivanka’s corruption and influence peddling inside the White House? Anywhere near the amount the rest of the media ecosystem have to Hunter? 

Edited by jakee

6 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Sorry son, but picking was my usage and you are stealing it.

Because it’s so perfect for you. When you’re so desperate to criticise that you have to claim to own words in order to do so you have to admit there’s something wrong, don’t you?

Also, you really don't seem to want to put yourself out there.

How often do you think anyone is confused about where I stand on an issue? Whereas have you made a single on topic post in this thread? Do you have any point to make or are you just indulging your desire to rip into people? 

Hammer me hard jakee, I won't respond no matter.

If only you meant it.

(edited)
3 hours ago, jakee said:

Who claimed it? Give one example of it being reported.
I don’t know what the guys voting record is, he didn’t say. You claim to know what it is, and so far have only offered as evidence something he didn’t say. So you do need to provide some evidence that what you’re saying is actually true. 

I’m not going to waste my time, last time I gave you evidence you came back with 

“Ok so NPR’s literature department is biased but…”

Apparently your brain is so damaged by Trump Derangement Syndrome that you are unable to connect the dots and when the dots are connected for you, you refuse to see them. If you want to believe that a self described NPR lifer is secretly a member of the John Birch Society, and a rabid Trump supporter, have fun with your delusion.

Edited by brenthutch