1 1
lippy

Jon Stewart back on TDS

Jon Stewart's back on The Daily Show every Monday and, at least for episode one, is fucking killing it!

I was a bit worried about him coming back and it not matching expectations....I was thinking we might be in for another 'Arrested Development, season 4'-type situation.  But he seems in top form, bringing it like he never left.  If you're a fan of his or if you just need a laugh and a check-in on the political situation, it's on Paramount Plus or you can find it on YouTube.  

• Like 1

Since Comedy Central is part of Paramount, and so is CBS, he's been doing the 'promo rounds' on the CBS news shows. 

From what I've seen he's 'still got it'.

Which, given his political stuff (testimony before congress and such), and his long history on air, doesn't surprise me a whole lot.

I was talking about this with someone, and I had to look up his previous stuff.

His 'Jon Stewart Show' on MTV was back in 93 & 94. 
30 years ago.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

From what I've seen he's 'still got it'.

Which, given his political stuff (testimony before congress and such), and his long history on air, doesn't surprise me a whole lot.

The big thing with Stewart is that (regardless of how inherently liberal he is) he’s always very obviously cared about actions and results, not about who’s on the right team. Then when he’s angry about something it carries real weight, because it’ll almost always be about something that directly affects people’s lives or our ability to talk seriously about important policies. So viscerally different to the confected anger from other quarters about whether the President has debased the office by wearing the wrong colour tie.

3 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

His 'Jon Stewart Show' on MTV was back in 93 & 94. 
30 years ago.

I never knew about the MTV show. The first time I saw him was when he did a guest spot on "NewsRadio" where he played Andy Dick's "identical" twin brother.

I always loved how Stewart can say so much without making a sound, just through facial expressions.