JerryBaumchen

Hey, DZO's

On 3/27/2023 at 2:57 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

So, any DZO's up for this during the slow times:  Patients seeking out-of-state abortions sometimes catch rides on private planes : Shots - Health News : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

Most jump insurance doesn't allow passengers. Also, because it has value to the patient it might also be seen as a commercial operation outside of jump op's.

28 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Most jump insurance doesn't allow passengers. Also, because it has value to the patient it might also be seen as a commercial operation outside of jump op's.

And jump planes typically don't have seats that satisfy the rules for carrying passengers, whether or not they are paying.  FAR 91.107

The exception to the seat requirement is  "provided that the person is on board for the purpose of engaging in sport parachuting;"

31 minutes ago, kallend said:

The exception to the seat requirement is  "provided that the person is on board for the purpose of engaging in sport parachuting;"

Yep.  DZ's often get around that (when they, say, fly Eloy jumpers up to Lost Prairie) by saying "well, they are intending to jump when they get there, and heck, they might even jump in!  They have the rigs, after all.)

But that might not fly (no pun intended) for a non-skydiver.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep.  DZ's often get around that (when they, say, fly Eloy jumpers up to Lost Prairie) by saying "well, they are intending to jump when they get there, and heck, they might even jump in!  They have the rigs, after all.)

But that might not fly (no pun intended) for a non-skydiver.

I have heard people claim that observer rides are ok, because the observers are engaging in 'sport parachuting', by observing it.

I have no clue if that's ever been tested in court.

Same as the hauling jumpers along on a ferry flight.

Not going to work without seats for the type of trip in the OP.

However, my old DZ had the right side seat for the 182. Pulling the floor mat out & putting the seat in only took a few minutes.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I have heard people claim that observer rides are ok, because the observers are engaging in 'sport parachuting', by observing it.

I have no clue if that's ever been tested in court.

Same as the hauling jumpers along on a ferry flight.

Not going to work without seats for the type of trip in the OP.

However, my old DZ had the right side seat for the 182. Pulling the floor mat out & putting the seat in only took a few minutes.

Hi Joe,

Finally, someone who is not a:  nattering nabobs of negativism - Political Dictionary

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Congress is working on a bill that would criminalize transporting women under 18 for the purposes of abortion.  Because of course they are.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:30 AM, billvon said:

Congress is working on a bill that would criminalize transporting women under 18 for the purposes of abortion.  Because of course they are.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:30 AM, billvon said:

So they would charge an airline, coach or rail company for taking passengers interstate? Can't see that working. And who is going to announce their intentions before hand? Shows exactly how brainless the politicians are.

51 minutes ago, obelixtim said:

So they would charge an airline, coach or rail company for taking passengers interstate?

No, nothing that big; they couldn't afford the prosecution and they'd lose anyway.  But they would go after their friend who drove them to the airport.  They are all about going after the most defenseless and most supportive people out there.

• Like 1