pazernaker

accuracy target source

Hey guys, didn't know where to put this, I'm trying to source an accuracy target for the ground like you see in BASE comps, any idea where I could find one? Are there regulations for this I can look at? If this isn't the right place for this, either message me or if you're a mod, please move it :) I tried to search accuracy targets in the forum and only found posts where people were discussing accurate landings, not the physical target.

pazernaker

Hey guys, sorry, I was jumping all weekend and didn't have a chance to reply at all. I'm looking for the large pea pit sized plastic tarp like circles with the accuracy rings printed on it, like a bulls-eye.

Welcome back.

Have you consider making your own.

Blue tarp
Stake in center of tarp
Attach string and can of paint to stake.

You get the picture, you can make one faster and cheaper than you can buy a real one.

If you don't succeed at first try again. When you get it close enough sell them on the net. Your chance of getting it correct or incorrect the first time is 90%.:D

Don't forget the paper plate to cover the hole in the center left over from the stake, nail, whatever. Some one gets a DC:)
Sorry for my poor attempt at humor I just left the lawyer zone.:D:D

FWIW :D Where in the world are you located?
One Jump Wonder

pazernaker

Haha! Yeah, that would work, but I'm artistically challenged. Located up in the New England area.

To the person who posted above me, that target canopy may work, that's actually pretty awesome!

Art has nothing to do with it. It's a basic geometric pattern of concentric circles. The string is your friend.

Get a piece of graph paper and a compass. Or a string and a few crayons. The pointy end of the compass is your center point, the marking end of the compass replaces the can of spray paint. If you practice on paper first

If you can get it to work on paper, visit harbor freight, or home depot loews and see and Check out the different type of spray paint cans available. Some cans are designed to discharge inverted from the center of the nozzle.
One Jump Wonder

Hellis

If I was making such a target I would buy two tarps in different colour and cut out circles in one of them and glue them on to the other (or sew them).
I think paint will fall of if/when you bend it.

:)

Anyone else? don't be shy.

warning thread drift:P

Hellis do you all have duct tape available in your country?

I think trying to sew a large piece of fabric on a home machine could be challenging. I can't even sew but I know how to use duct tape.

Duct tape:D we used that Universal repair material, to keep our headlights in our car from falling out when we were young and poor. That lasted for years in extreme weather conditions. Duct tape is inexpensive.

Came home one day the dog ate part of the leather couch. Duct tape. Dog eats more of the couch more....Duct tape.

Dog ate part of our wallet. Duct tape.

Duct tape is a Dog Owner In Training. DOIT Best friend.
One Jump Wonder