potatoman

Different forces on exit

Hello,

Please see this picture. Why would these objects, with same size, shape, and exit "attitude", perform differently after exit.

Makes me wonder how the same exit would differ to another, even for the same jumper....

Or is there different weights in what they are dropping here?
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

ever do a scr jump? half the people burble each other exiting so close. probably close to the something. all those bombs are so close to one another they are robbing each others air. you also have to consider that its a government plane. theres no chance in hell they designed a mass bomb dropping where every bomb drops exactly the same for the exit.

I would imagine they should be uniform, then your strike would be more on target, unless guided.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.

The release characteristics are going to be slightly different based on a variety of things. Bomb rack location. Where the bomb is on the rack, the length of the arming wires, the grip strength of the fahnstock clips (the clips that hold the arming wire in place thru the arming device of the bomb, how synchronized the bomb releases work, frozen releases, and lot of other things. I worked on the testing of using the B-52 for planting underwater mines and there were lots of issues.

The question still stays, how does the projectiles get such clearance from each other. Burble isn't enough for the distance.

jakee

***The question still stays, how does the projectiles get such clearance from each other.

Time.

Correct. The release mechanism is such that the bombs are let go sequentially, with a time delay between each one that can be varied based on the type of ordnance used. If they are release too closely together, they will collide, which will make them deviate from the expected trajectory and possibly malfunction.

Kevin K.

Also, targeting objectives determined how the bombs were to be released. Sometimes a "salvo" was required. This meant that all bombs were released "at one time" (as closely as possible). Sometimes they were released sequentially but spaced differently depending on each mission objective. I think, at least for the B-17s, that the release mode was "preset" by the armorers prior to each mission as determined by the mission planners, but I'm not sure about this.

potatoman

The question still stays, how does the projectiles get such clearance from each other. Burble isn't enough for the distance.

They rely on the 45 degree rule.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving