simes11

Resuming after a layoff

I had 57 jumps and then took 14 years off before returning.

I sat through the FJC again just to refresh, and then made an AFF style jump with an instructor to make sure I didnt wig out ;-)

After that it was back in business.
__

My mighty steed

Im not sure where your located because its not indicated in your profile, My only advise is to contact your local DZ and speak to an instructor. I am sure they are going to want you to do a ground school refresher and review emergency procedures then they my want you to do probably a level 3 AFF and a level 7 with instructors before clearing you to solo again. Thats what I would suppose. Anyway welcome back to the sport. enjoy the high.

Show up early, be patient and humble - do not presume they will do you a favor. But let them know that you will be a regular customer. If you then impress them with your knowledge/skill and be ready to show emergency procedures in a harness, they will be more likely to give you a break. Study as if you are taking the first level license test with material that is probably available online.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Whereabouts are you planning on jumping? I bet there is someone from that DZ on here who can tell you exactly what will be needed... and maybe let you buy them a beer for it when you get there! :PB|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Ten days ago, a student showed up at the DZ after a lengthy absence. He had almost completed the PFF program more than a year ago, but had not jumped since.
His refresher training started with a review of emergency procedures, then an IAD jump from 3,000.'
Yesterday, we discussed spotting and gear checks for most of an hour, then we went up for a modified PFF Level 4 dive. He checked his own gear, briefed the pilot, spotted, climbed out with me, called the xit count, did a circle of awareness, followed by a practice pilot chute touch. I released him so he could do a 360 degree right turn, 360 degree left turn and open on his own. He concluded by landing in the pea gravel bowl.
I wrote in his logbook "Congratulations, you passed the SOLO check-out dive."
On the sunset load, he landed a Hornet 190 on the edge of the bowl.

I am in your same boat, with the same number of jumps and layoff time. I think it will probably vary from DZ to DZ. I sat through the ground AFF student training and they are combining jumps so I will probably do 3-4 AFF jumps instead of 7.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2178789#2178789
Kevin

Muff Brother #4041
Team Dirty Sanchez #467

Being the ultra-conservative nut that abhors pain of any sort, I would recommend going through the entire AFF ground training before you jump, not just a refresher course.

but that's just me...
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239