Incoming Rep Holds "Funeral" for Turkey

This is a very good example of how ridiculous it's all become, and it's a good reason why anyone who can think for themselves should not have any respect for so-called authority.

Limit on family gatherings: ten

Limit on funerals or other events: fifty

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-elect-lauren-boebert-plans-thanksgiving-funeral-for-dead-turkey-in-defiance-of-colorado-guidelines

That said, I don't really know what to make of this. On the face of it, it appears to be grossly irresponsible. However, if 'Rona-rules are being observed, where's the harm?

Meanwhile in Oregon, it appears that the same people who want to defund the police also want citizens to call police if they see 'Rona violations. And the state of Washington has a website for finks: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/report-safe-start-violation

What could go wrong?

Let the knee-jerking commence!

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

She an inspirational paragon of ignorance and selfishness. Just your kind of gal!

"However, if 'Rona-rules are being observed, where's the harm?"

1 minute ago, markharju said:

"However, if 'Rona-rules are being observed, where's the harm?"

Sigh...... A person is either willing to do their part in the public health emergency we are in or they are not. It would be pointless to discuss it further. As I posted elsewhere, in the real world I live in these kind of people get no respect.

Mark, that was a meme going all over Facebook for the last couple of weeks.

There are 330 million people in the US, and a LOT of reporting capacity with the internet, and a LOT of people willing to volunteer whatever stupid thing they do. Expect more ridiculousness.

Personally, I expect the best, and it's pretty much always worked. I have some plans for the worst, but they're not the primary plans, because avoiding what I might view as loss isn't my primary motivation, and I don't define change as loss.

Wendy P.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

How can they be? It's a dinner. You can't wear a mask when you're chowing down turkey and passing the gravy can you?

Tell it to CA gov Gary Nuisance. How do you know they're not sitting 2m apart per guidance?

9 hours ago, markharju said:

That said, I don't really know what to make of this. On the face of it, it appears to be grossly irresponsible. However, if 'Rona-rules are being observed, where's the harm?

Agreed.  If everyone wears masks and doesn't eat, no worries - it falls under funeral guidance.

10 hours ago, markharju said:

Meanwhile in Oregon, it appears that the same people who want to defund the police also want citizens to call police if they see 'Rona violations. And the state of Washington has a website for finks: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/report-safe-start-violation

What could go wrong?

Yeah, it looks like the police will have to handle those calls because.........of the resistance to defunding the police.

If the police were defunded, and that cash reinvested into more appropriate response groups those calls would go to those trained to provide a more appropriate response. 

"I'm going to stop you from doing something, then blame you for not doing it"