1 1
Phil1111

President Putin Put a Bounty on US Troops

45 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump to Retaliate Against Russia by Sending Jared Kushner to Advise Kremlin on Coronavirus Response:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-to-retaliate-against-russia-by-sending-jared-kushner-to-advise-kremlin-on-coronavirus-response

^b^

Couldn't that be interpreted as an act of war???:$

(edited)

The Benedict Donald death clock is obviously understating the number of brave Americans who have died because of trump. In a NYT editorial today a former CIA officer in charge of Afghanistan laid out what trump knew, when he knew it and how he kissed Putin's ass. By denying the Russian support for the Taliban, denying Russian instructions and payments for attacks on US forces.How it all encouraged President Putin to step up payments.

Benedict Donald offered nothing but praise for Putin in the 2017-2019 time frame and Putin took this as license to kill more Americans.

"The Russian bounties look like an escalation of that earlier Russian support for the Taliban — support that was publicly commented on by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in 2017 and by the commander of U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan, Gen. John Nicholson, in 2018.

At a 2017 news conference, when asked whether he was refuting that Russia was sending weapons to the Taliban, General Nicholson responded, “No, I’m not refuting that.”

Secretary Mattis received the President’s Daily Briefs that Mr. Trump did. General Nicholson read both strategic- and tactical-level reporting about Afghanistan, including the actions of Russia, China, Iran, Pakistan and India that might affect military and political circumstances on the ground. There is nothing inaccurate in the observations from Generals Mattis and Nicholson."

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Kinda like we supplied the Afghan mujahideen?

Well, I don't remember Brezhnev, Andropov, Chernenko or Gorbachev singing the praises of Reagan during that time.

While I'm not super thrilled at what Putin did, I can't really blame him for doing it. He is putting Russia's interests first.

Unlike Trump, who is NOT putting the interests of the US first.

By sucking up to Putin like he's doing, he's putting himself, his own interests and Putin ahead of the country, its soldiers and citizens.

That is treason.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

With that thinking the US should have supported the Chechen Muslim, Salafi-jihadist ideology. Such that they could have bombed more Moscow apartments, Moscow metro stations, taken over some more theaters and schools.

Russia fought several wars against the same religious ideology. That is twice you've used that exact same argument with reference to the same situation.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, airdvr said:

On 7/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, airdvr said:

Nice to know you're keeping score Phil.

"Mr. Trump also for the first time hinted at blaming subordinates for failing to bring the matter to his attention. “If it reached my desk, I would have done something about it,” he said. Officials have said the assessment was in his written intelligence brief in February, ...

“It never reached my desk,” Mr. Trump told Axios. “You know why? Because they didn’t think — intelligence — they didn’t think it was real. They didn’t think — they didn’t think it was worthy of — I wouldn’t mind — if it reached my desk, I would have done something about it.”...

Mr. Trump also suggested to Axios that Russia’s provision of arms to the Taliban was a kind of understandable payback for America’s backing of fighters opposing the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan during the 1980s.

“We supplied weapons when they were fighting Russia, too,” Mr. Trump said.

Well at least you and trump are on the same page.