JoeWeber

But it's in the Constitution, it's essential

PHILADELPHIA — The coronavirus pandemic has led to a rush to purchase firearms and ammunition in the Philadelphia region and across Pennsylvania, leading to long lines at some gun shops.

But the Philadelphia Police Department has shut down its gun-permits unit. Firearm owners without a license-to-carry permit will, in almost all circumstances, not be able to carry the weapons without risking arrest.

Now what? How will they protect themselves in this crisis? You know, from others.

25 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Now what? How will they protect themselves in this crisis? You know, from others.

I guess I don't understand. You can still but guns in PA, you just can't get your CCW right now. Those officers are probably going to be shifted to the streets during the pandemic.  Pennsylvania uses castle doctrine, so deadly force is justified when one believes that such force is necessary to protect themselves against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat. 

11 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I guess I don't understand. You can still but guns in PA, you just can't get your CCW right now. Those officers are probably going to be shifted to the streets during the pandemic.  Pennsylvania uses castle doctrine, so deadly force is justified when one believes that such force is necessary to protect themselves against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat. 

No, you understand. I was gun baiting the never give an inch on guns crowd. Weren't you going to find a firing pin for my BRNO?

(edited)

Meh. They should have thought of it earlier.

Kinda like the TP run.

You either are prepared or you aren't.

Edit to add:

I'm part of the local shooting range. It's a club-run outfit, with a number of us who are the 'leadership', making decisions on everything. 
Wisconsin has an order banning indoor gatherings of more than 10 people. Lots of other stuff is shutting down, even stuff that doesn't fall under the order.
The group decided that the range should shut down, at least for the two weeks. A decision will be made to extend the closure or to open later.

Of course, some dipstick had to complain, saying that 'keeping skills sharp is needed, along with function checking the weapons to make sure they work properly'. 

Really.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

11 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

PHILADELPHIA — The coronavirus pandemic has led to a rush to purchase firearms and ammunition in the Philadelphia region and across Pennsylvania, leading to long lines at some gun shops.

But the Philadelphia Police Department has shut down its gun-permits unit. Firearm owners without a license-to-carry permit will, in almost all circumstances, not be able to carry the weapons without risking arrest.

But New Jersey, how could you? How can the Second Amendment be non-essential? What's next, no crying?

Gov. Phil Murphy’s executive order to close all non-essential retail business has forced gun dealers, who were experiencing a spike in sales amid the anxiety surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, to shut down.

On Saturday, the online service used to process background checks for firearm dealers, the New Jersey National Instant Criminal Background Check System, told stores they can no longer process requests.

“Per Executive Order 107, (Murphy) is ordering the residents of New Jersey to stay home, directing all non-essential retail businesses closed to the public,” a notice on the online system states. “At this time, the order includes New Jersey Firearms State Licensed Dealers.”

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Ahhhh - So  . . . Trolling. 

Got it.

I don't see this one as trolling. An opening question for discussion is a conversation.

My question to my fellow 2A right enthusiasts is this: You don't have enough guns after twenty years for the zombie apocalypse now? Really? After all these years? Ok, Slick - how much ammunition have you got for each caliber? Maybe you ought to rethink your priorities.   Like, save your money for when cash is king? Some of these retards are buying as many guns as their credit cards will allow. Does that make any sense to anyone?  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I don't see this one as trolling. An opening question for discussion is a conversation.

My question to my fellow 2A right enthusiasts is this: You don't have enough guns after twenty years for the zombie apocalypse now? Really? After all these years? Ok, Slick - how much ammunition have you got for each caliber? Maybe you ought to rethink your priorities.   Like, save your money for when cash is king? Some of these retards are buying as many guns as their credit cards will allow. Does that make any sense to anyone?  

still need some ammo for the M-109 :$

19 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I hadn't thought about it that way, but you are right. Most of my guns are 30+ years old and for what I like there isn't much difference today. I'm not a pistol fan, probably because I lack serious training, and I don't care for semi auto rifles. In fact the last firearm I've purchased was a Beretta 1301 12 ga. a couple years ago and that was just to upgrade my home defense shot gun from a standard Beretta 12 ga. I can't understand the logic of having 50 guns, and more all of the time, unless you want to force them to bring a truck when confiscation happens.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

"""I was gun baiting the never give an inch on guns crowd."""

Pretty much 'splains it . . . ¬¬