3 3
rushmc

another faker exposed and charged

21 hours ago, DJL said:

You're simply not going to bring this to any conclusion by saying that THE ISSUE is liberals who fake attacks or get aggressive, there ARE bad people on both sides.

Seem to remember a gentleman discharging a firearm in a pizza restaurant because as a right winger he truly believed the Clinton's were running a child sex slavery organization out of the basement. Never mind the restaurant doesn't have a basement. Not the brightest bunch.

18 hours ago, billvon said:

Vs. the white supremacist murderer who DID kill a 31 year old woman and injured 28?  I'll take injuries over murders any day.

Whereas far-right conservatives prefer to just murder people.

Democrats have murdered thousands. They were called the Ku Klux Klan.

1 minute ago, BillyVance said:

And today the KKK is firmly GOP.   White supremacy and the Nazi party have experienced a resurgence under Trump..  Trump has even called white supremacists "some very fine people."

Nice guy you are supporting there.

27 minutes ago, BillyVance said:

Pretty sure the Ku Klux Klan is not currently an active part of the leadership in either political party right now despite what Dinesh D'souza says on clickbait youtube videos.  Do you really want to go down the path of applying misdeeds from 100 years ago to active political figures?  Also, do you want that to include things more recent than 100 years as identifying the true desires of current political parties?  Please answer with your true and actual answer instead of a vague allusion to guilt by historical association.

2 hours ago, kallend said:
16 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Its the most recent example of how bad the cops in Chicago are. 

Only if you're a member of a minority group.

16 hours ago, dmcoco84 said:

He's black. gay and liberal.

Of course they are going to pile the charges on as high as they can.

Because they're in MAGA country, right?

:D

No. Because it's Chicago.

The cop who was convicted of 2nd degree murder was given 6 years. The others, who covered up for him, were acquitted. 

Smollet made them look foolish. They don't like that. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but how are the cops responsible for ultimately determining the severity and amount of charges, rather than the prosecutor/grand jury?

39 minutes ago, billvon said:

I know!  Did you hear Hillary sent some EMAILS?

And she should totally be locked up for that. Such a heinous crime. And even though multiple investigations have not led to charges she needs to rot in prison.

Can you believe they are going after Manafort for these non-violent crimes? Really is disgusting they would sentence this man after he has been found guilty in a court of law.

Another faker exposed and (about to be) charged for a similar crime.  However, he's white, so we can expect him to get a slap on the wrist.  No 16 felony charges for him!

=====================

Jacob Wohl Faked Death Threats Against Himself

One came from a phony account the wingnut provocateur created and ran just before he was banned from Twitter.

Will Sommer, Daily Beast, 03.13.19 11:55 AM ET

Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats against himself and submitted them to police as evidence that he was facing “terroristic threats,” according to newly released documents.

Wohl and fellow provocateur Laura Loomer went to Minneapolis last month to “investigate” whether their quest to prove that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) married her own brother—a charge based on flimsy blog comments that has been disproven.

Wohl’s videos to his fans were premised on the idea that Minneapolis is an incredibly dangerous place, and often featured him wearing a bulletproof vest. At one point in a new video about their trip, Wohl goes to a Minneapolis police station to report death threats he says he and his team have received since being in the city.

One of those threats came via direct message from a Twitter account called @Drakehomes612, who described himself as a Minneapolis “diversity coordinator.”

“I hope you fuckin know that if I bump into you in Dinkytown or anywhere else in my city I’m going shoot you and shit on your fucking bodies,” the account wrote to Wohl’s team. “Get that fuck out my city you piece of shit. Now.”

But @Drakehomes612 isn’t a real account. As journalist Tony Webster first noticed, @Drakehomes612 is one of the fake accounts Wohl created in the run-up to his Twitter ban. A source familiar with Wohl’s fake accounts confirmed to me that @Drakehomes612 was run by Wohl before being deleted by Twitter. That means Wohl was sending himself fake death threats, presumably in an attempt to up the drama during his Minneapolis videos.

Wohl submitted the faked messages to police as proof that he was facing “terroristic threats” via Twitter. The faked messages threatening to “shit on your fucking bodies” were included in a packet of police documents related to the case issued on Wednesday by the Minneapolis Police Department.

This isn’t Wohl’s first brush with controversy. In 2017, he became the youngest person to receive a lifetime ban from futures trading. Last year, he was involved in a scheme to smear Special Counsel Robert Mueller with sexual assaults allegations. Months later, the accuser Wohl had lined up told USA Today that Wohl had made all of the allegations up.  

=========================

9 hours ago, billvon said:

Rush, what are your thoughts on this?  He submitted faked threats against himself to law enforcement, is guilty of securities fraud and attempted to falsely implicate a federal officer in a sexual assault charge.

48 minutes ago, DJL said:
10 hours ago, billvon said:

Rush, what are your thoughts on this?  He submitted faked threats against himself to law enforcement, is guilty of securities fraud and attempted to falsely implicate a federal officer in a sexual assault charge.

Normally I'd hold my breath and give him time to respond first, but. . .anyway, to be fair, I think that we never would have heard about this story if the Smollett incident didn't prompt Bill to dig it up in the first place, because nobody on either side really gives a shit about some two-bit internet troll and his opinion about how dangerous Minneapolis is.

But what Smollett did was falsely reinforce an idea that half the country might be a bunch of violent, homophobic racists  lurking in the alleys just waiting for the right moment to MAGA!  So be afraid!, be very Afraid!  And btw, don't forget to get out and vote so travesties like these never happen again!

A more comparable story would've been if Ann Coulter falsely claimed that she was kidnapped in Tijuana, duct tapped, thrown in a trunk and driven across an unsecured border where she then miraculously, by the pure grace of God, escaped the greasy hands of a dirty mexican sex-trafficking cartel!

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

But what Smollett did was falsely reinforce an idea that half the country might be a bunch of violent, homophobic racists  lurking in the alleys just waiting for the right moment to MAGA!  So be afraid!, be very Afraid!  And btw, don't forget to get out and vote so travesties like these never happen again!

Yep.  And Wohl falsely reinforced the idea that liberals like 'diversity coordinators' are really 'terroristic murderers', and that you have to wear bulletproof vests and carry weapons to protect yourself against the threat they pose.  And, of course, that action against them (say, murdering them at a rally, or shooting up a pizza place) is justifiable.

because nobody on either side really gives a shit about some two-bit internet troll and his opinion about how dangerous Minneapolis is.

Funny, because the right seems to REALLY, REALLY give a lot of shits about a two-bit troll named Smollett.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, billvon said:

because nobody on either side really gives a shit about some two-bit internet troll and his opinion about how dangerous Minneapolis is.

Funny, because the right seems to REALLY, REALLY give a lot of shits about a two-bit troll named Smollett.

So do those on the left, and rightly so.  Also, I wouldn't consider Smollett to be a two-bit troll.  He clearly has more influence as a successful black homosexual actor up until now.  Mohl, or whatever his name is wasn't nearly as visible to the right as smollett was to the left, and his  antics hardly received the same amount of  media attention that Smollett's initially did.

Edited by Coreece

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So do those on the left, and rightly so.  Also, I wouldn't consider Smollett to be a two-bit troll.  He clearly has more influence as a successful black homosexual actor up until now.  Mohl, or whatever his name is wasn't nearly as visible to the right as smollett was to the left, and his  antics hardly received the same amount of  media attention that Smollett's initially did.

Right - but that's because the right wing outrage machine is much, much more efficient than the left wing's.  No one has an echo chamber like FOX News.  Compare the coverage of Smollett on FOX to the coverage of Mohl on CNN.

"The media isn't talking about X" is hardly an argument that one was more egregious than the other.  

2 minutes ago, billvon said:
7 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Right - but that's because the right wing outrage machine is much, much more efficient than the left wing's.  No one has an echo chamber like FOX News.  Compare the coverage of Smollett on FOX to the coverage of Mohl on CNN.

Compare the MSM coverage of Smollett's initial attack when it was considered to be true, to anything that Mohl ever did.

15 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Compare the MSM coverage of Smollett's initial attack when it was considered to be true, to anything that Mohl ever did.

A leading gay black actor found in an apparent racially motivated attempt at lynching is quite relevant to the national pulse.  This would still be newsworthy if it were a white actor, straight actor, it would be newsworthy if it were David Duke.  In the case of Jacob Wohl's accusations what was more relevant is how obviously phony and contrived it was from the get go.  The only newsworthy aspect of it was the question whether he was really going to try to validate such an easily disprovable accusation against one of the highest positioned lawyers in the country.

I've asked this before but why is it that the spectrum of right leaning to far right Republicans are so defensive about this situation?  The national reaction is exactly what should've happened both for the initial reported attack and for the fallout over him faking it.