rifleman

Does anyone know if this is true?

An article popped up on my FB from the Independent Newspaper and I'm trying to verify the story. Given it relates to a US DZ and the POTUS, I thought I'd ask here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-gay-sacked-fired-offence-homosexuality-doj-justice-department-a7969601.html

Any sensible input welcomed.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

rifleman

An article popped up on my FB from the Independent Newspaper and I'm trying to verify the story. Given it relates to a US DZ and the POTUS, I thought I'd ask here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-gay-sacked-fired-offence-homosexuality-doj-justice-department-a7969601.html

Any sensible input welcomed.

Would appear to be true.

www.law.com/sites/almstaff/2017/09/26/govt-agencies-spar-in-second-circuit-over-lgbtq-rights/?slreturn=20170828041015

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The U.S. law that has protected workers from gender and racial bias for more than half a century should not be extended to cover gay and lesbian employees because that isn’t what Congress envisioned when it passed the bill, Trump administration lawyers told a federal appeals court.

Judges must interpret laws based on lawmakers’ intent, and Congress didn’t have the LGBT community in mind when it crafted Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Justice Department attorney Hashim Mooppan argued on Tuesday in Manhattan. The agency made its case in defense of a New York skydiving company accused of firing a worker for being gay.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-26/trump-administration-says-workplace-bias-rules-don-t-cover-gays

Gay skydivers, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and trump's ideas of justice. Sounds like a natural fit.

Judges must interpret laws based on lawmakers’ intent, and Congress didn’t have the LGBT community in mind when it crafted Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Justice Department attorney Hashim Mooppan argued on Tuesday in Manhattan.

I am sure a lot of people who support this argument, would quickly drop support for the same argument if applied to the 2nd amendment.

SkyDekker

Judges must interpret laws based on lawmakers’ intent, and Congress didn’t have the LGBT community in mind when it crafted Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Justice Department attorney Hashim Mooppan argued on Tuesday in Manhattan.

I am sure a lot of people who support this argument, would quickly drop support for the same argument if applied to the 2nd amendment.

I was just about to write the same thing.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Which is why, pissed with both the Congress' and my state legislature's unwillingness to protect perceived or real sexual orientation or gender identity, I introduced and got passed an anti-discrimination law in my city where I'm on the Council. We included real and perceived sexual orientation and gender identity with the normal race, religion, etc. No matter you personal beliefs allowing two people of the same sex to be married but legally denied housing, work, meal etc is not moral. 44th city in MI to do this because Rep. State legislature unwilling, as is U.S. Congress. Notice the perceived sexual orientation. Straight men and women can be and are discriminated against because they may be perceived as other than straight.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE