flyhi

Anyone See CBS' "SEAL Team" This Week?

Spoiler Alert!

They had a HALO jump from 14K at the end of the show. It was from a Skyvan. Skyvan had a butt load of nose up on jump run. More than 9 people aft of the red line methinks. The briefing said it was going to be formation jumping. I figured they'd launch a chunk. They didn't. >:( Same day, same way, SEAL FS, I guess.

One guy has a mal on opening. Possible line over. He is at 5,000 ft. (Brief was open at 4,000 ft. Plan the dive, dive the plan. Bad SEAL!) Rides it for about 2,000 feet. Finally, after me yelling, "Chop it!" for about 2,000 feet (expired Coach rating kicked right in.), he does.

Looks like he gets stable, and then no pull. Unplanned high speed intercept with Mother Earth.

And now every whuffo who sees that will have the same response, "He died because his chute didn't open."

Come on CBS, you can do better than that. No RSL? No AAD?
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I haven't seen the show, but I'm willing to bet it gets a whole lot more 'wrong' than its skydiving.

The thing is, it's not really CBS' priority to make things true-to-life, even in a show like this one. Their job is to excite and entertain while making things seem plausible to their core audience, the vast majority of whom don't know the first thing about jumping.

Its a TV show. It has budget limitations. Like most, it will use conflict, bad-good guys,personal conflicts, SEX and death to create drama.

Do you really expect a C-17 at 35,000' for the HALO sequence? All in all the scriptwriters have a good start. A little romance, sex,young upstart, old guard, good guys and bad guys. A comedian-SEAL operator might be a good addition.

The script is written by a Hollywood person not a real SEAL. Although I'd guess they have one as a consultant.

Fifty years ago it was a cowboy western. The bad guys were cattle thieves, killer drifters and the sheriff wore a white hat.

Inaccurate portrayal of parachutes is part of a Hollywood, advertisers, Illuminati, SBS, big oil, CIA, Homeland Security, NIS, Jewish bankers, GSG9, JTF3, etc. PLOT to keep Al Queda, daesh, ISIS, Boko Haram, ISIL, Symbionese Liberation Army, etc. guessing about First World military technology.