Phil1111

Ann Coulter,they can't stop me. I'm an American

Phil1111

Yes. Thats the whole justification for free speech. Having said that, she currently seems to have no limitations on the broadcasting of her hate.

you know, I suspect there's an even larger group that gives fake lip service to freedom of speech, but really don't believe in it, deep down inside, for those that disagree with them.

I'm wondering if the size of that group is something like 5-10% of all people, or more like 50-70% (based on the way people actually talk about these issues)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have to agree with full access to free speech even by asshats.
It was my understanding, outside of all the media hype, that this was two simple issues though.
Verified threats, although no real explanation, and her backers/sponsors backed out. Which seems to show she doesn't support actual "free" speech either. :P
She was talking of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
It's amazing to me that simply spewing hate can be such a lucrative career, although it has worked well for religion since the beginning of time.

here's another one

http://reason.com/blog/2017/04/26/portland-antifa-takes-brave-stand-again

"What is perhaps most interesting about this sad little episode is that both Antifa and Joey Gibson's Patriot Prayer crowd framed their actions as some sort of defense of the parade and the Portland community.

Yet the only thing preventing the parade from going off without a hitch was the actions and threats of these two groups. Both were all too happy to sandbag a pretty innocuous parade for the purposes of political posturing and YouTube views."

enough

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I do not consider this to be a victory. She is a miserable cunt and a nasty person, and shutting down her speech simply emboldens the causes of the right wing demonstrating how intolerant the left is.

Note that the school is no longer "shutting down her speech." Now she doesn't want to do it.

tkhayes

I do not consider this to be a victory. She is a miserable cunt and a nasty person, and shutting down her speech simply emboldens the causes of the right wing demonstrating how intolerant the left is.

Far better to give her free reign to have her speech and then report on how few people showed up to hear her. Instead we will elevate her to a higher platform for her rhetoric.

Nail on the head. I don't support the people protesting her speech, they're feeding straight into what fuels her bullshit.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher