brenthutch

Dr StrangeHarpper or: How I Learned to Stopped Worrying (About Global Warming) and Love CO2

DJL

Authored by the signatory of this statement:

""We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."[6]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_D%27Aleo
Brent, Brent, Brent, you are the energizer bunny of the alt-fact global cooling movement. No wonder you and Ron agree on so much.

Wait, so now we have The Holy Church of Climate Change Denial? Please don't tell me that I'm going to have to hear bullshit about Intelligent Design stopping Climate Change.

So here is the counter church to the religion that is man made global warming.

I am surprised you are surprised!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

Authored by the signatory of this statement:

""We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."[6]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_D%27Aleo
Brent, Brent, Brent, you are the energizer bunny of the alt-fact global cooling movement. No wonder you and Ron agree on so much.

Wait, so now we have The Holy Church of Climate Change Denial? Please don't tell me that I'm going to have to hear bullshit about Intelligent Design stopping Climate Change.

Pretty much. Lots of the denier crowd claim that God is the only one who can change the climate.

This Billboard is a couple miles from my house.

"THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING" and instead all the carbon pollution related sea rise, ice cap melting, and increased storm damage reported by everyone for the last 30 years or so is instead God's vengeance upon us for our "SIN".

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

So here is the counter church to the religion that is man made global warming.

I am surprised you are surprised!

Not really, both are easily dismissible as fringe groups. There really are nutbags who believe some form of nature based spiritualism and there are those who take everything about man-made global warming as gospel. There are also those who think that regardless of what we do that God will fix it or that we shouldn't try because the end of the world is God's will. Hopefully, there are enough people between with wing-nuts to actually address the issues and deal with them for the long term benefit of our species.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Thought you'd all get a kick out of this:

"Al Gore wishes you a happy #EarthDay from his $9 million mansion with no solar panels and 6 fireplaces bought with money from Qatari oil."

https://twitter.com/hale_razor/status/855869476532703233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.infiniteunknown.net%2F2017%2F04%2F23%2Fal-gore-wishes-you-a-happy-earthday-from-his-9-million-mansion-with-no-solar-panels-and-6-fireplaces-bought-with-money-from-qatari-oil%2F

This is the alamists method!, or warmists or what ever you want to call the kooks.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/05/01/alarmists-gone-wild-greenland-losing-400-1-cubic-km-ice-cubes-per-year/

and then there are real studies

http://english.iap.cas.cn/RE/201702/t20170227_174390.html

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00382-016-3085-8

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2016GL072298/full

Again, how the AGW propagandists work.

http://www.thegwpf.com/despite-denial-growing-number-of-new-studies-confirm-global-warming-hiatus/
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

/wattsupwiththat.com

Get real, you know perfectly well that is a junk site. Repeatedly linking to it just reduces your credibility even further (if that were possible).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***/wattsupwiththat.com

Get real, you know perfectly well that is a junk site. Repeatedly linking to it just reduces your credibility even further (if that were possible).

any site you do not agree with you consider a junk site.

But I do not post for you.

I post for people with open minds who show others respect and like to learn for themselves.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******/wattsupwiththat.com

any site you do not agree with you consider a junk site.

But I do not post for you.

I post for people with open minds who show others respect and like to learn for themselves.

Just this month, nearly three-quarters of Americans (71%) said they favored protecting the environment over a focus on increased production of coal, oil and natural gas....

59% of Americans agreed that protection of the environment should be given priority, even at the risk of limiting the amount of energy supplies, up from 41% in 2011. And 56% of Americans said that protection of the environment should be prioritized over economic growth....

April 3, 2017,

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/207608/public-opinion-context-trump-environmental-actions.aspx?g_source=CATEGORY_CLIMATE_CHANGE&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Once again you illustrate that you live in a isolated, limited information, space with an inability to recognize or separate fact from wishes.

Just in case there is a comprehension problem. This means the poll was conducted of US citizens. It reflects national views. Gallup is a large credible polling agency with proven statistical accuracy.

And the shit of it is that new methods of energy production means more jobs. We just need to get on it because there will be a day when we're forced to use it. When that day comes we don't want to buy power generating equipment from overseas.

billvon

>I post for people with open minds who show others respect and like to learn for
>themselves.

Then why not exhibit those traits, if you wish to reach such people?

Here, I have learned to return what I get.
Abraham Lincoln

A combination of changes in forcing, uptake of heat by the oceans, natural variability and incomplete observational coverage reconciles models and data. Combined with stronger recent warming trends in newer datasets, we are now more confident than ever that human influence is dominant in long-term warming.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

A combination of changes in forcing, uptake of heat by the oceans, natural variability and incomplete observational coverage reconciles models and data. Combined with stronger recent warming trends in newer datasets, we are now more confident than ever that human influence is dominant in long-term warming.

Yes
I did see that part.
There is much more in the paper.
Others have looked at it and have come to differing conclusions.
In any event, it is a good read.
Abraham Lincoln

guess what site I found the link to that paper on?

Yep

wattsupwiththat.com
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

guess what site I found the link to that paper on?

Yep

wattsupwiththat.com

I'm curious what conclusions watts came to regarding the paper. Let me guess, having not read the paper, that he cherry-picked the parts about data collection being inaccurate and uses that as proof that the entire field of people studying climate change is wrong.

rushmc

Yes
I did see that part.

What part of "we are now more confident than ever that human influence is dominant in long-term warming." is it that you and these others are unable to comprehend?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

DJL

***guess what site I found the link to that paper on?

Yep

wattsupwiththat.com

I'm curious what conclusions watts came to regarding the paper. Let me guess, having not read the paper, that he cherry-picked the parts about data collection being inaccurate and uses that as proof that the entire field of people studying climate change is wrong.

I do not remember who the guest poster was but, the point of the link for them was discussing the warming pause that this paper confirmed in its study.

You know, all of you who diss this site show you do not got there. You just have an opinion based on what others have said and refuse to even look. You all look very silly doing that.
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

Yes
I did see that part.

What part of "we are now more confident than ever that human influence is dominant in long-term warming." is it that you and these others are unable to comprehend?

You see that John! That's the difference between you and I.
Abraham Lincoln

DJL

***guess what site I found the link to that paper on?

Yep

wattsupwiththat.com

Dr David Whitehouse, GWPF Science Editor posted the article the link was in.

Here is his post. https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/05/04/new-study-confirms-the-warming-pause-is-real-and-revealing/
Abraham Lincoln

You know, all of you who diss this site show you do not got there. You just have an opinion based on what others have said and refuse to even look. You all look very silly doing that.

When you first started posting for that site I looked up the sources for many of the articles and showed you that they were written by people unqualified, paid by denier lobby groups, etc etc etc.

Feel free to post the article containing that paper. I'm more than happy to review it as I have many of the wattsup pages you've posted.

Edit: Thanks. I'll check it out.

Edit of Edit: Not off to a good start. A google search of " David Whitehouse" reveals that he's an Astronomer with no apparent expertise in climate science and authored that "2010 will be remembered for just two warm months [March and June], attributable to the El Nino effect, with the rest of the year being nothing but average, or less than average temperature." According to the NASA and NOAA datasets, 2010 tied with 2005 for the hottest year on record; and NASA's GISS data showed November 2010 as the hottest November on record.

https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata_v3/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt

Again, I haven't read both but your author doesn't look like a great source according to your own evaluation of people like Al Gore.

rushmc

I do not remember who the guest poster was but, the point of the link for them was discussing the warming pause that this paper confirmed in its study.

The pause that this paper confirmed?

Did you actually read it?

...the question of whether or not "global warming has stopped" that scientists have been facing for many years in the public has largely disappeared.

And:

The conclusions unsurprisingly depend on the time period considered, the dataset and the hypothesis tested...

You do understand that the "pause" was largely a combination of strange behavior (typical for a large complex system), less than ideal data (surface temps aren't the best measure of global warming), and the deniers taking data out of context along with cherry picking start and stop dates.

Or you don't.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

The pause that this paper confirmed?

Did you actually read it?

...the question of whether or not "global warming has stopped" that scientists have been facing for many years in the public has largely disappeared.

And:

The conclusions unsurprisingly depend on the time period considered, the dataset and the hypothesis tested...

You do understand that the "pause" was largely a combination of strange behavior (typical for a large complex system), less than ideal data (surface temps aren't the best measure of global warming), and the deniers taking data out of context along with cherry picking start and stop dates.

Or you don't.

:D:D

Now who's cherry picking.:D
Abraham Lincoln

The article is literally about cherry picking data to fit your needs. This is the reason as Whitehouse puts it that "The authors of this recent paper delicately tread a line between the two opposing camps saying, on the one hand, that both sides have a point and their particular methods of analysis are understandable." They need to adequately explain each side and how they came to that conclusion.

Whitehouse then seems to entirely ignore the statement in the paper that surface temperatures are a poor indicator of overall energy in the system because they rise and fall more quickly and air does not store the energy that water and other heavy masses do: "I will leave it to the reader to calculate the trend, and the error of the trend for the same period using other global surface temperature data sets."

Can you explain some of these conclusions in your own words? In the past you've been unable to and it seems like if the source just has a quantity of graphs and seems sciencey then that's enough for you. I would like to hear how you interpret the information.