Channman

Exposed, Duped & Manipulated

>Ok, riddle me this Bill, why did NOAA scientists cut corners and violate
>established protocol?

Budget crunches? Deadlines? Mistakes? Probably the same reason anyone does those things. I've cut corners on research because we had to get something ready by CES or by a program review.

>Oh BTW the "world's hottest year ever" histrionics were promulgated by you.

So in your world, fake news = facts, facts = histrionics. You'll fit in well in the world of Trump.

ryoder

******Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers:

Outstanding quotatation!B|

Didn't realise you guys knew about the Ministry for Administrative Affairs;)

BTW I don't know if this commercial was shown over there, but I got a chuckle when I recognized one of the actors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwOCOm9Z0YE

Both of them! That's PM Jim Hacker meets PM Francis Urquhart (AKA Frank Underwood)B|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

>Ok, riddle me this Bill, why did NOAA scientists cut corners and violate
>established protocol?

Budget crunches? Deadlines? Mistakes? Probably the same reason anyone does those things. I've cut corners on research because we had to get something ready by CES or by a program review.

>Oh BTW the "world's hottest year ever" histrionics were promulgated by you.

So in your world, fake news = facts, facts = histrionics. You'll fit in well in the world of Trump.

Budget crunches? Try again. NOAA had a $174 million budget INCREASE
Deadlines? "NOAA breached its own rules on scientific integrity when it published the sensational but flawed report, aimed at making the maximum possible impact on world leaders at the UN climate conference in Paris in 2015." Sounds more like politics than science.
And finally we come to the last of your excuses, Mistakes.
On that we can all agree.

mis·take
məˈstāk/
noun
an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.
"The pausebuster paper was a mistake"
synonyms: error, fault, inaccuracy, omission, slip, blunder, miscalculation, misunderstanding, oversight, misinterpretation, gaffe

It took a while but we have finally found common ground. You can blame that on me. I suppose I have a more rigorous definition of science.

brenthutch

Deadlines? "NOAA breached its own rules on scientific integrity when it published the sensational but flawed report, aimed at making the maximum possible impact on world leaders at the UN climate conference in Paris in 2015."

Except that the scientist that the Mail were supposedly sourcing clarified that he said the paper was rushed, not flawed.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***Deadlines? "NOAA breached its own rules on scientific integrity when it published the sensational but flawed report, aimed at making the maximum possible impact on world leaders at the UN climate conference in Paris in 2015."

Except that the scientist that the Mail were supposedly sourcing clarified that he said the paper was rushed, not flawed.

"NOAA has now decided that the sea dataset will have to be replaced and substantially revised just 18 months after it was issued, because it used unreliable methods which overstated the speed of warming"

In my book unreliable and overstated = flawed, what is your definition?

I know you must be devastated to learn that the high priests in your church of global warming are fallible. So I will cut you some slack for your jibber jabber nonsense.

Do you find it curious that NOAA claims hottest year ever by .04 degrees with a margin of error of .1 degree? Things that make one go "hmmm"

So I guess the next time someone else comes along and tries to dupe you again, you will just swallow their deception whole. Perhaps while crying about "the religion of climate change" to avoid dealing with the science of AGW.

Good luck with that. The rest of us will concentrate on the science.

>I can't wait for Pause Buster 2.0! The Revenge of the Pause!

You won't have to wait long. 2017 will almost certainly be cooler than 2016 due to the ENSO. So next year you can post "there's only one problem with climate change - it ended in 2016!" And then, with 2017 being slightly cooler than 2016, you will start arguing fervently that NOAA and NASA's data is entirely accurate, that HADCRUT backs it up, that if anyone doubts them they are idiots. NASA and NOAA PROVE that the climate is cooling!

Then we'll see another record-breaking year, and you'll immediately "pivot" back to denying the science. It's too hard to figure out! Someone made a mistake once! If anyone believes NASA or NOAA they are idiots.

It is what I have been telling you for years, CO2's contribution to climate is minuscule, benign, and overwhelmed by natural variability.

There you go, said it right there. YOU are been saying it for years. Why? Because it's a political position YOU believe in. Meanwhile, science uses models to predict what increasing CO2 will do to global temperatures. All of them say the same thing, but you don't want to believe it. What you have been saying is without any science behind it at all. It may as well be religion. So you counter by calling science base beliefs "religion". It is pathetic in it's predictability.

Glaciers are still melting, sea level is still increasing, temps are still rising and CO2 concentration keeps going up. No matter what YOU believe, others know better.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Channman

>calling science base beliefs "religion".

Well I would like to point out I called it a "Religion First":P

I wonder if the God of GW will have any effect on my flight tomorrow morning, I'll tread softly and check my DA performance.

I've heard deniers refer to science as religion many times. There is nothing new about it. It's just a weak attempt to denigrate and belittle[email] those you don't agree with. Like referring to women as vaginas. God does not give a single fuck about your flight.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***>calling science base beliefs "religion".

Well I would like to point out I called it a "Religion First":P

I wonder if the God of GW will have any effect on my flight tomorrow morning, I'll tread softly and check my DA performance.

I've heard deniers refer to science as religion many times. There is nothing new about it. It's just a weak attempt to denigrate and belittle[email] those you don't agree with. Like referring to women as vaginas. God does not give a single fuck about your flight.

Well at least you acknowledge there is a GOD.

billvon

>I can't wait for Pause Buster 2.0! The Revenge of the Pause!

You won't have to wait long. 2017 will almost certainly be cooler than 2016 due to the ENSO. So next year you can post "there's only one problem with climate change - it ended in 2016!" And then, with 2017 being slightly cooler than 2016, you will start arguing fervently that NOAA and NASA's data is entirely accurate, that HADCRUT backs it up, that if anyone doubts them they are idiots. NASA and NOAA PROVE that the climate is cooling!

Then we'll see another record-breaking year, and you'll immediately "pivot" back to denying the science. It's too hard to figure out! Someone made a mistake once! If anyone believes NASA or NOAA they are idiots.

It looks like La Nina was very short lived this time.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/02/09/la-nina-is-out-and-el-nino-is-coming-heres-what-that-means-for-our-weather/?utm_term=.6d4116c59c35

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

billvon

From your article
"There is considerable uncertainty as to what will transpire next."
Sounds just like climate science.

Or modern medicine.

I bet you still listen to your doctor.

Twenty years ago when I moved back to State College, I went to my new GP with my second broken back, he looked at my medical records and noted the several broken bones, torn ligaments, sprains, concussions, dislocations and hernia in my past, he chuckled under his breath and told me that I was going to be in a lot of pain when I got older. Unlike climate scientists, he was right.